Laptop WIFI card recommendations

BabaMuni

Disciple
Hi I just bought a HP VICTUS 3060 model. It comes with a realtek wifi card which I heard has shoddy performance. Looking for recommendations on which one to buy and from where.
Also open to questions about the laptop and if it's any good.
Thanks in advance :)

I've an ROG laptop and it came with Mediatec Wifi card. I'm looking to swap it with Intel AX210. I couldn't find it in India other than Amazon (which costs 5k). So looking for someone from US/UK to buy it for me. See if you can get an Intel card and swap it.

I've an ROG laptop and it came with Mediatec Wifi card. I'm looking to swap it with Intel AX210. I couldn't find it in India other than Amazon (which costs 5k). So looking for someone from US/UK to buy it for me. See if you can get an Intel card and swap it.
Yeah i checked too. The pricing is ridiculous. There are some ax201 models in amazon... looks like 3rd party manufacturers. Any idea about them?

Hi I just bought a HP VICTUS 3060 model. It comes with a realtek wifi card which I heard has shoddy performance. Looking for recommendations on which one to buy and from where.
Also open to questions about the laptop and if it's any good.
Thanks in advance :)
Shoddy in what sense?\
Why not use it for weeks and then judge as alone wifi card couldn't be blamed..

Shoddy in what sense?\

Performance, stability, OS/driver support - you name it. Realtek and MediaTek Wi-Fi cards have a long-standing history of inferiority when compared to equivalent Intel cards.

@BabaMuni

AX201 (and AX211) is only available as a Companion RF (CRF) Module due to the Intel Integrated Connectivity (CNVi) design. Opt for the AX200 (or AX210).

I used to buy them from Fenvi's official AliExpress store. Since that's not feasible anymore, you can either opt for official resellers (like Mouser Electronics) or eBay sellers who are willing to ship to India. The latter would be cost effective.

Last edited:
Shoddy in what sense?\
Poor range. And random connection drop off. Have experienced both issues atleast once. And no its not the connection or the router.
Performance, stability, OS/driver support - you name it. Realtek and MediaTek Wi-Fi cards have a long-standing history of inferiority when compared to equivalent Intel cards.

@BabaMuni

AX201 (and AX211) is a only available as a Companion RF (CRF) Module due to the Intel Integrated Connectivity (CNVi) design. Opt for the AX200 (or AX210).

I used to buy them from Fenvi's official AliExpress store. Since that's not feasible anymore, you can either opt for official resellers (like Mouser Electronics) or eBay sellers who are willing to ship to India. The atter would be cost effective.
Yea i stumbled upon mouser.. looked like they are more of a wholesaler or distributor? Still have pinged them for clarity. Site and all looks legit though.

@BabaMuni

AX201 (and AX211) is only available as a Companion RF (CRF) Module due to the Intel Integrated Connectivity (CNVi) design. Opt for the AX200 (or AX210).

I used to buy them from Fenvi's official AliExpress store. Since that's not feasible anymore, you can either opt for official resellers (like Mouser Electronics) or eBay sellers who are willing to ship to India. The atter would be cost effective.
ask fenvi to ship to india, lot of people are asking aliexpress sellers to ship to india personally on dm's.

ask fenvi to ship to india, lot of people are asking aliexpress sellers to ship to india personally on dm's.
If anyone has observed, AE has deliberately chosen the most costliest shipping services for india... item costs is under 1k and shipping is 2.8-5.5k.
I wonder via which method will the seller ship..

bit odd but nowadays many desktop mobo too come with wifi cards mostly they are intel ax 201 or maybe ax 210 if they claim it has wifi6E spport ,try at those service center that you want a replacement card try your luck

If you have anyone in dubai than aliexpress to dubai and from there to india.

this vendor could ship it to you

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...3ff-beb4-4033-9412-7e8a14209e88-1&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000027433255994"%7D&pdp_pi=-1%3B2208.95%3B-1%3B-1%40salePrice%3BINR%3Bsearch-mainSearch

Last edited:
Yea i stumbled upon mouser.. looked like they are more of a wholesaler or distributor? Still have pinged them for clarity. Site and all looks legit though.
Let me know how it goes. I contacted them some time back, their website shows various models for AX210 (like NGWG, NGWG.VX, NGWG.NVX, D2WG etc.,) I didn't know which one to buy and they were not very helpful.

What im thinking:
i can connect the laptop wifi to Airtel 2.4Ghz
USB wifi will be connected to my JIO 5Ghz
to give me fail-proof zoom video calls

with

+ Bluetooth 5.0 USB adapter (occasional use with my Oppo M31 headphones)

TOTAL INR 1400+600 = INR 2000

--------------
------OR-----

a laptop Card which has wifi + bluetooth

INR 2500

Last edited:
I was also thinking between WIFI card or USB WIFI adapters

with

What im thinking:
This way,
i can connect the laptop wifi to Airtel 2.4Ghz
USB wifi will be connected to my JIO 5Ghz
to give me fail-proof zoom video calls

+ Bluetooth 5.0 USB adapter (occasional use with my Oppo M31 headphones)

TOTAL INR 1300+600 = INR 1900

------OR-----

a laptop Card which has wifi + bluetooth

INR 2500
thats not how pc`s networking works (routing),when your airtel internet goes down than it goes down on the WAN not on the Wifi , so your connection wont failover from 2.4 airtel to jio 5ghz band
Please check, Ive re copied the links.
TP Link WIFI AC1300 USB adapter + TP Link Bluetooth 5.0 adapter
vs.
Intel Wifi 5 + Bluetooth 5.0 LAPTOP CARD
intel any time any day ,secondly i am assuming laptop manufacturers still design proper antennae designs within laptop chassis

thats not how pc`s networking works (routing),when your airtel internet goes down than it goes down on the WAN not on the Wifi , so your connection wont failover from 2.4 airtel to jio 5ghz band
Currently my setup

Asus inbuilt Wifi connected to Airtel 2.4Ghz
with
USB connected to my Mobile phone on USB tethering connected to Wifi Jio 5Ghz.

How it works:
It takes the USB connection as a LAN symbol and if it fails it connects to inbuilt card's WIFI
& vice versa
It works very well this way.

Attached pic:
Network 182: WIFI from Inbuilt card
Note10lite: USB tethering connection from Mobile phone

Both work seamlessly with each other, backing each other incase 1 fails

Attachments

• chrome_7ykI3qcUh0.jpg
    chrome_7ykI3qcUh0.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Back