Laptop won't go to sleep when AC power plugged in

I have a HP 15 AU-134tx on windows 10 updated to latest what is available. I do recall that despite on AC power or not, when the laptop was put to sleep, it would go to sleep. Now, with AC adapter on, when I select sleep under start menu, the screen goes blank but laptop is on as the power led is on. With AC removed and put to sleep, it goes to sleep. I tried to look into Additional power settings to see if any setting has been tinkered but found nothing.
On the contrary, some functions seems to have been removed.. like earlier there was a feature as to what would you like to do when "Lid is closed". I don't find it now?
Have I missed something?

It's my own personal. It didn't happen earlier, not even on Win 10. Seems like this issue creeped in after some update from MS.
Will try and revert back if anything changes.

Yes, I think they've started hiding these options by default in the newer builds. My work laptop refused to stay awake, it had the idle sleep timer set to 30 seconds or so. I wasted half a working day trying to find out why, I didn't even know this was a setting!

I have a HP 15 AU-134tx on windows 10 updated to latest what is available. I do recall that despite on AC power or not, when the laptop was put to sleep, it would go to sleep. Now, with AC adapter on, when I select sleep under start menu, the screen goes blank but laptop is on as the power led is on. With AC removed and put to sleep, it goes to sleep. I tried to look into Additional power settings to see if any setting has been tinkered but found nothing.
On the contrary, some functions seems to have been removed.. like earlier there was a feature as to what would you like to do when "Lid is closed". I don't find it now?
Have I missed something?
Your platform supports advanced ACPI - which contrary to the name actually is more trouble than its worth.
Windows calls it modern standby ..

Run powercfg /a on admin powershell to see what you have...
If it reports Standby (S0) is supported, do yourself a favor and disable it from BIOS

The traditional S3 standby seems far better than this half baked shit

I did.. it did bring back the "What to do when lid is closed" but did nothing to put my laptop to sleep when In AC supply.
@superczar it says S3 is available.
S0, S1, S2 not available
Windows PCs support six different "power states":
S0 (fully running),
S1 (CPU stopped, RAM refreshed, running in low power mode),
S2 (CPU off, RAM refreshed, running in a lower power mode than S1),
S3 (traditional Standby, with the CPU off and RAM in slow refresh),
S4 (Hibernate, with the hardware off and system memory saved as a temporary file), and
S5 (Off). Note that S2 sleep mode is often disabled in computers and is accessed only when the computer is unable to go into S3 sleep mode.

Would recommend you keep the best whichever is available..

I did.. it did bring back the "What to do when lid is closed" but did nothing to put my laptop to sleep when In AC supply.
@superczar it says S3 is available.
S0, S1, S2 not available
Then not the issue I thought it was..
S3 is classic sleep - so should have worked.

The powercfg cmd has flags that should allow you to see what thread/activity is keeping system awake - but I am not really an expert on win
CHeck the man page for powercfg - you should be able to zero down on to the culprit thread

Back