PC Peripherals Laser printer recommendation

dpandey

Adept
I need a new printer and was hoping you could you help me select one:

Must have features:
- Laser
- Duplexer
- Network capability (do not care about wifi).
- Linux+Mac drivers.
- Black and white only

Things I do not care about:
- Speed. This is a home printer. I can wait.
- Multifunction. Can live without copier or scanner or fax.

Others:
- Need good after sales service.
- Monthly throughput will be about 500.

Budget: ~20k.

Any particular reason why you need a laser printer? In case you rejected inkjet for printing costs then you do have printers (Epson, Brother etc) with ink tank technologies where the cost of printing is very low. Also the maintenance is low due to periodic auto cleaning (at least in case of the Brother printer which I own).

There is a HP Laserjet which does duplexing and is about 12K. I will have to check and revert. We have the same in our office

EDIT :

HP LaserJet Pro M202dw

Uses 88A cartridges!

Last edited:
Any particular reason why you need a laser printer? In case you rejected inkjet for printing costs then you do have printers (Epson, Brother etc) with ink tank technologies where the cost of printing is very low. Also the maintenance is low due to periodic auto cleaning (at least in case of the Brother printer which I own).

I don't know much about inkjet. I have used laser both at home and office and see no reason to try anything different.

My last printer (which I gave to kids in the family) was a samsung laser that I bought for 6k many years ago. I was very happy with it except it didn't do duplex and didn't have network capability.

Last edited:
Back