Lava xolo x900 issues

Parix

Disciple
Apologies for the long rant, opening this thread to bring to light the issues i am facing with my xolo x900 smartphone and the abysmal service and response from the xolo care service center.

I purchased the xolo x900 phone from ebay , end of November last year., The phone is great, I love the screen and the responsiveness, (still do).,I believe that the phone is a bargain at th Rs. 14000 odd i paid for it.

However, the issues started mid march 2013, when the phone started behaving randomly upon normal usage, when it started dropping network and not recovering automatically, forcing me to reboot every time it went out of network.
The really amazing part is that,sometimes , when the phone is rebooted , it would still not catch the network signal and upon digging the settings, i found that the phone shows the IMEI as unknown, and the phone would not recover at all, until it cools down (As known from all internet reviews the phone gets quite hot during use (games \ 3G usage))

This was when i wrote first to xolo care asking them to check the phone (Late march 2013) , and the phone was picked up by fedex and sent to their service center for diagnosis and repair.
I got the phone back after 10 odd days ., the phone was formatted and I believe that only the software reinstall was done with no change in the issue behavior.

I wrote to them again, stating that the original issue is not fixed and the phone still not usable as it keeps going out of network., they requested that the phone be sent back to for repair again, after which I got the phone back about 5 days ago, with again no change in the behavior, in fact, the issues seems to have gotten worse.

I have written to the service center again, this time asking for a replacement as they are obviously unable to identify and fix the issue, but am yet to hear back from the past 3 days.

In the end, in about 6 months of usage, the phone was in the service center for about a month, and another month where the phone was not stable for regular use.

Looks like i have to absorb this loss and move on to a different phone, but opened this thread to warn other xolo users and buyers about the terrible xolo service and that in case your phone develops any issue., the xolo service center would probably not be able to help in resolution.

Thanks for the responses.

Yes.. I also think that it is specific to this device , did not find pointers to any such issue with this model on searching.

I created this thread just as a warning for fellow owners \ potential buyers.

BTW. after much mailing to and fro, the xolo care have asked me to package the phone for pickup again!.
I am not sure what will come out of it, unless they plan to replace the entire motherboard and the works.

Anyways I need to get a different phone and move on, so will entertain them as long as its only costing me paper and duct tape to keep packaging the phone for its journey to the service center.

is the imei still shown as unknown ? .. these phones have imei no stored in the android installation folders .. i had same problem when i formatted a karbonn phone which erased the imei no .

My younger sibling is facing the same issue. So shipped the phone to Xolo service centre on 11th may and they received it on 13th of May. And till today the customer care executives are unaware of the status of the phone! PATHETIC after sales service. June 1st week I was promised a standby piece, which is still not dispatched and I am yet to receive it. Its like repeat telecast, everytime I call them. God knows when I will see my X900 again!

I am not recommending XOLO purely on the basis of after sales service. I recommended XOLO A700 and XOLO Q800 and in two months time they have had a return trip to XOLO service centre (luckily they got received the phone in a months time).

Back