Monitors LCD - 22" Vs. 24"

abhi24_in

Disciple
Am in a dilemma as to which monitor to get fr my rig -

Go in for a 22" which is around 14-15K or go in for the Full HD goodness 1080p Dell 24" around 19K.

Is that couple of inches really worth the extra price or not??

My Pc spec -

E8400
Abit IP35E
EVGA 8800GT KO
2 GB kinston 800 Mhz
Windows XP 32 bit

Well my next upgrade will be after 3-4 yrs so should i give in to Dell 24 and spend tht extra 5K?:huh:

buying the pc for gaming purpose and its been quite a while since my last pc so dont know how good the graphics have gotten these days and how much diff. thr is between the 22 & 24 w.rt. gaming

+1 if you're more into gaming, get a 22. if into occasional gaming and also watching movies, get a 24 for future-proofing. if you were OC-ing and getting a higher-end card like the 3870X2, then it woulda been 24 no-brainer :)

22" should be fine. Games at full HD resolution would be difficult for the 8800gt to handle.
Overall its a fine pc you have setup.

If you can up your budget a bit then get the LG 24" L246WP. There was a thread here where it was going for about 24k. It's got a PVA panel which is far superior to the all the 22" TN's and even the 24" Dell e-series monitor. Better colours, better viewing angles, more input options etc. Since you aren't going to upgrade for 3-4 yrs, it would make sense. About gaming, you can always use pixel mapping, and play with a black border or stretch the resolution a bit.
Either way, even if you go for the Dell@19k, I think bigger is better.

octave said:
22" should be fine. Games at full HD resolution would be difficult for the 8800gt to handle.

erm, i beg to differ - even crysis and world-in-conflict run just about fine (25-35 fps) for me at full HD :) and other games (CoD4, BioShock etc), especially those based on the UT3 engine, run very well indeed (at least 60 fps - because i enabled vertical sync)...

hmm still a tie guys!! half of u r goin with the 24 n the rest wid d 22...

since my budget for the whole pc is 60k so leaning more towards the 22" er but the most i might upgrade in a couple yr is the graphics card so tht way the 24" might be the better option but cant go in for the LG 24" cos @24K puts me way of budget.

abhi24_in said:
hmm still a tie guys!! half of u r goin with the 24 n the rest wid d 22...

since my budget for the whole pc is 60k so leaning more towards the 22" er but the most i might upgrade in a couple yr is the graphics card so tht way the 24" might be the better option but cant go in for the LG 24" cos @24K puts me way of budget.

22 incher at 1680x1050 is good enough for movies and gets better fps than 1900x1200 for the 24''

Gaming--->22''

HDrips--->24''

Decide your priority and act accordingly ;)

well, at a 60k budget you can definitely squeeze in the Dell E248WFP 24 inch LCD at 18.5k. maybe even a quad core :p

but i agree with the general ideas posted here, if gaming then 22, if HD rips then 24

abhi,

Ur G92 chip is better @ handling games @ 1680X1050 rather than @ 1900x1200..

Besides the 22inchers've better VFM comopared to 24inchers which're priced approx. @ 5k more..

Get the DELL Ultrasharp 2208WFP.. One of the best TN panels around.. :)

Back