Monitors LCD.. 24" or 26" or 32" ?

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
hEY All...

Its time for my 3rd and final phase of my desktop PC upgrade...

after this i dont expect myself to donate more money into this...so here goes...
My last peice of puzzle is my monitor...

Now i am on 17" CRT sammy... no issue with that..still a faithful companion.
I am going LCD ofcourse.. but the screen size is of the essence...

these were my options..

1. Buy dell 22 or 24 for 13 or 18k..
for 24" i get full HD.. but i need multiple input sources.. like composite...DVI..HDMI..all ...so these were ruled out..

2 Buy a samsung or LG or Panasonice 26" or 32" and be happy.. large real estate..lots of connections...
albeit no Full Hd only 1080i .... and 720p....

Is full HD that big of a deal.. i mean diff between a 720p,1080i to 1080p....

with a 15" or 17" LCD new or old under warranty from any brand as my secondary display..

My budget is 30k. no matter what.

Please Tell ur suggestions.

Jerin

jerin said:
hEY All...

Is full HD that big of a deal.. i mean diff between a 720p,1080i to 1080p....

720p is better than 1080i in some cases.. So dont worry abt it.. 1080p will really make a significant difference if you go for a TV above 40" . But in your budget it wont come.. So 720p is enough.. If you are looking for a LCD TV within 30K there is a samsung 26" TV which is 720p and aprrox around 28K

The bigger the better :) Go for the 26" lcd. Plus, that 24" you're considering is a TN panel, while the 26" will be an 8-bit pva panel, with much superior electronics.

Also, 720p will be a whole lot easier on your gfx card. :)

buBleZ said:
^^ it can for sure in movies... he is talking abt games. performance will be low

jerin said:
gaming i may be ok...

how much depreciation in performance are we talking abt..

i guess what bubblez meant to say was that a 720p resolution will not tax your gfx card with high performance requirements. your 8800GT should be able to handle games at 720p for years together :D

Back