LCD + Gaming console

HDMI-DVI cable for Video, and something like this, dont know what its called for sound(something like 3.5mm male to err something female) :

40645f.jpg

I have a Samsung 940BW with a PS3, i use a ditto same converter.

well i think u can connect a xbox equipped with hdmi and use a ndmi to dvi-d convertor,not sure about ps3 whether it supports the native resolution of 22inch but still u can connect it.

for PS3 you will need Fiber Optic Digital Audio Cable to connect to your audio devie provided your speakers have Fiber Optic Digital Audio input port

No, you don't need a optical audio cable. You can easily connect with the bundled AV cable. All you need is the adapter that Ambar has attached a picture of. You plug the red and white cables on one end, and the other goes to your speaker system. (I do this on the ps3 so I know it works 100%).

As for the video part, yes, you will need a HDMI to DVI convertor. As for the resolution, the ps3 works brilliantly on my 1920x1080 (1080p) Dell S2409W LCD. As the 2209WA is 1680x1050, YMMV. I think you will have to set the output at 720p.

I would suggest to go for a Full HD Monitor. Which supports min. 1920X1080.
I just got a BenQ E 2200 HD. Its great. It has a audio out also.
Dell is expensive and Samsung provides the LCD panels for DELL.
I have hooked my XBOX Elite to this monitor via HDMI cable and its a experience to live for... The BenQ cost me just 12K in Pune

Ambar said:
HDMI-DVI cable for Video, and something like this, dont know what its called for sound(something like 3.5mm male to err something female) :
40645f.jpg

I have a Samsung 940BW with a PS3, i use a ditto same converter.
Its called a dual RCA female to 3.5mm stereo male out , you can get it easily at local electrical shop for 60 bucks.

^ I bought two of these and a extension cord for the 3.5mm for Rs. 50 total at Nehru Place! (without bargaining!)

I dont know about the converter, but I used a HDMI to DVI cable which I got from KMD, forgot how much it was though, around 600 i think.

Back