Monitors LCD monitor- A few doubts

Just to reiterate...the idea behind buying the LCD is this....

I want to put this LCD in my living room bang next to the couch and use it for watching DVD movies (off the PC) , one-off TV programs and of course cricket matches (off an external tuner) ...Basically a Boys' den where me & frnds can watch the LCD from real close (which you can't do on a TV) while sipping our poison (or manna from heaven depending on the way u look at it)

Now a 19" LCD seems to be suited well (Not that I wouldnt have wanted a bigger one, but the prices rise exponentially after 19")

This is why :bleh:

+ even a 29" CRT TV has huge sized pixels and the image is really blurry unless u watch it from a decent distance...

+ Not that I would mind an occasional frag fest on the LCD :D

So far I haven't noticed any ghosting while playing Far cry or running movies...

The contrast ratio is good, but I feel that the color balance is slightly off scale...

The preset modes either make the image look too blusih or reddish...(6500K and 9300K)...fortunately, it has user adjustable Color balance so I'll need to tweak around with that....

so far I haven't really watched a movie or played a game on the screen s just ran em for a few mins for testing...So should be able to let you know my final take on it in a few days....

^^ yeah.... That's true...but then a Samsung 19" was also 25.5 K....

so 1.5 K for the looks...

Umm...may not be justifiiable alright but then I flipped over this one...

As I said, heart over the mind....

Back