Monitors LCD monitor as a TV

I am planning to get a 21" CRT (Sony Wega) for the bedroom. At the same time I am also planning on getting a new rig with a 22" monitor(Viewsonic vx2235wm-5).
Now I want to explore the option of combining these two requirements by setting up the 22" monitor to watch cable channels as well.

My requirements are:

Gaming/regular pc tasks while sitting in front of the PC.
Watching movies/cable while sitting 11 about feet away.
Would like to mount the monitor on the wall.

Some monitor choices are:
Viewsonic vx2235wm-5
Dell E228wfp
Dell SP2208wfp
Samsung T220

I have some queries regarding such a setup:

Is there any issue while watching cable on these TN panels from about 11 feet away? Or is going in for the CRT the better option?

Would I be able to watch the cable without booting up the pc by using an external TV tuner box?

How would the monitor with a VGA/DVI-D be connected to the TV tuner box and the the TV tuner in turn to my set-top box which has a composite and component outputs?

Please suggest the viability of such a setup and also the models for
22" Monitor
External TV Tuner box

Thanks

^ LOL!

Search around a bit, you'll find quite few topics on TE itself. But IMO, 11 feet is a tad bit far for a 22 incher. Keep it to around 6-8 feet and you should be good... But like techie said look around for more threads on this and get your answers. :)

well whats the point when you can get a 26" LCD TV from samsung 4 series for 24-26k?

unless ure gonna be using the monitor with a PC, id suggest an LCD TV for TV viewing purposes

Back