Monitors LCD Monitor Test ??

neomatic02

Disciple
Hey Guys

Another set of queries regarding ? . How do I test my brand new 24 " LCD monitor for various parameters like dead pixel , backlight bleeding,ghasting etc. Is there benchmark tool available ?

Download Dead Pixel Buddy. Set it to white and look for dead pixels. Dead pixels will be black in color. Stuck pixels can be in a variety of colors. Then set Dead Pixel Buddy(DPB) to black, turn off all the lights in your room and see how much backlight bleeding takes place. Usually the corners are the main problem areas.

Sometimes however ignorance is bliss. Unless there's a couple of dead pixels in the main viewing area, it should not cause any problems. I have a dead pixel in the lower corner of my screen.....it doesn't bother me at all. I wouldn't have even seen it had I not gotten DPB and strained my eyes to find it. Different manufacturers have different warranty policies w.r.t dead pixels. Some require atleast 4-5 dead pixels to consider replacement.

I found out about DPB from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnDXpCXPjZ0

Back