Monitors LCD monitor with DVI for < approx 10K, which one ?

PoBoy

Skilled
Yet another LCD thread, sorry.

My cousin wants a LCD monitor for "project work" but I'm sure he'll also use it for gaming. Let's just say it won't be used for graphics/image editing.

His budget is approx Rs 10 K.

I wasn't able to find a Samsung or Dell monitor with DVI in that budget. The only options now seem to be Viewsonic or LG.

Can some one suggest something ?

Thanks.

btw : mobo most prob will be Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H. And, Mumbai availability please.

The best option should be the Dell SE198WFP for about 9.5K. I have it and its great.

If that isnt available, look for Viewsonic 1926wm.

Viewsonic VX1940W isn't a good option because cramping 1680x1050 pixels within 19" leads to consumption of 44W of power(typ) compared to 32W by Dell Se198WFP making it much more expensive in the long run and not to forget the text calibration that you have to do to increase the font size. Your best option is the Dell SE 198WFP since the LG 194WT doesn't have a good build and viewing angle.

P.S. Since you are from Mumbai, you can get the Dell monitor from Prime at 9.5k

t3chg33k said:
Viewsonic VX1940W isn't a good option because cramping 1680x1050 pixels within 19" leads to consumption of 44W of power(typ) compared to 32W by Dell Se198WFP making it much more expensive in the long run and not to forget the text calibration that you have to do to increase the font size. Your best option is the Dell SE 198WFP since the LG 194WT doesn't have a good build and viewing angle.

P.S. Since you are from Mumbai, you can get the Dell monitor from Prime at 9.5k

But 1650*1050 on a 19" isnt an advantage - i feel so
The color, contrast and response time is best in this one..
I dont know about the wattage it takes - so cant comment

As for as font size, use ClearType Tuner PowerToy - works great !!! so no issues with the font
Microsoft Typography - ClearType Tuner PowerToy

1+ for vx1940w. using it lovin it

btw why the text calibration? everything seems fine to me on 1680x1050

mr47 said:
1+ for vx1940w. using it lovin it

btw why the text calibration? everything seems fine to me on 1680x1050

What is the OS ur using...vista looks ok..but Xp text is way too small..even in vista set to highere dpi and see the difference..bigger is always better :bleh: :) :cool2:

Back