Video LCD / PLASMA Query.

jumbo5

Adept
I m plannin to buy a lcd / plasma tv but am quite confused.
First of all my budget is 55 - 60 G's.
They say that if you are buying a TV which is 42" and 42"+ then it is adivisable to buy a plasma tv.

Also in a LCD irrespective of size,it should have a high responsive speed for higher fps or you get a blurry img.

some tvs have HD support.What exactly is HD support ?

please do suggest websites or blogs dedicated to lcd/plasma tv realetd topics.

Sony Bravia has intro. 3LCD tv.they claim to have high colour quality and are relatively cheaper then the normal LCD tv.what is 3LCD?

There is no right answer to what to buy at this moment. All of the options LCD/Plasma/3LCD have their pros and cons. After your research, you will have to make you own decision based solely on your own current requirements.

Yes, it all depends on your requirements, you should ask the question what content I'm going to view? If it's regular cable / DTH, you'll find the Picture Quality (PQ) suffer when you switch to a larger screen, but if you have HD content (HD DVD, BlueRay, Gaming xbox 360/ps3 or Downloaded HD movies) you should definately go for a larger screen. Even then, it depends on your viewing distance whether you go for just 1080i or Full HD (1080p). If it just for getting big screen experience (however it is) go for the 3LCD from Sony (it's a rear projection TV, bright light from a set of bulbs is projected thru 3 small LCD panels for different colors R,G or B, it's the best Value for Money you'll get in the market at your budget (rshri can vouch for it :) ) although they are a bit bulky. If thin is your choice, plasma is next, much lower cost than LCDs, the only drawback being that they are a little power hungry and tend to heat up a little.

Back