Monitors LCD Screen Wipes

i usually use one of those static brushes on my lcd most of the time rather than wiping

heyEazy... nice find man... Now how about trying it yourself and let us know.... Me also looking for something similar... Did you call them up yet... Expected price...

[OT]What about the free samsung printer... Any more updates yet...[/OT]

Switch said:
heyEazy... nice find man... Now how about trying it yourself and let us know.... Me also looking for something similar... Did you call them up yet... Expected price...

[OT]What about the free samsung printer... Any more updates yet...[/OT]

I use a Microfibre cloth so I dont really need it - but I have asked a friend who knows the people to get me the price.

O.T. - Yeah MAN I have been counting down the days for the Laser Printer - my 45 days gets over after 2 days then I am going to email Samsung. You know anyone in Samsung in Delhi ?

Chaos said:
Pardon my ignorance but what exactly is a microfibre cloth? I need something to clean my lcd screen too.

Its the Blue cloth inside the round window. Costs around Rs 100/- it is available all over Lamington Road.

kumar said:
may be its the yellow cloth u get ay junctions and petrol bunks

NO MAN !!! :O That Yellow cloth is very rough compared to this Blue cloth - this Blue Micro Fibre cloth is very smooth to touch - "feels" like teflon coated compared to the Yellow cloth.

may be its the yellow cloth u get ay junctions and petrol bunks

:O

Oiee, thats meant to cleanse cars and not LCDs

The microfibre clthe works best...I tried some wet wipes for my LCDs (Corporate Express make) and noticed that they leave streak marks that I finally needed to clean up with the microfibre again

The MF cloth is good enough for wiping off dust, and if there are any stubborn marks, I just wet one edge of the cloth with some clean water and then lighly dry and buff it off from te other side

superczar said:
I tried some wet wipes for my LCDs (Corporate Express make) and noticed that they leave streak marks that I finally needed to clean up with the microfibre again

THAT'S NOT GOOD !!! :O SCARY !!!

OK - so the Wipes are to be avoided.....

I dont have a single finger print on my LCD monitor because I keep a sharp edged tool next to my LCD and when dudes ask what is that there for - with a straight face I say "to swipe at peoples fingers when they touch the LCD screen"..... did I mention I dont have a single finger print on the LCD screen ?

magnet said:
eazy where in lami u get this?????

You mean the Microfibre cloth ? I got it FREE from an old friend - Premier Book Shop which is right next to Computer Selection - Opp the Police Station. Speak to Raju - the owner. Very decent dude. I think he sells it for between 100/- to 125/-. But I have seen this at many other small shops in Lamington Road.

thks eazy will get this this time.......btw i have used colin twice to wipe he screen...it worked well.......wht do u say????

Never use colin. As for microfibre cloth, isn't that the stuff you get at some opticians? I mean some give cheap stuff which is like the yellow cloth written about earlier, but some give this real silky cloth. Amazing stuff.

KingKrool said:
Never use colin. As for microfibre cloth, isn't that the stuff you get at some opticians? I mean some give cheap stuff which is like the yellow cloth written about earlier, but some give this real silky cloth. Amazing stuff.

Agreed - using Colin is like asking for trouble. Maybe some of the opticians give the same Microfibre cloth. The cloth I have is very smooth to touch and has an odd soft feel as if there is some sort of coating on it.

Anish said:
Hey I would really really like to buy one of those. Check it out Eazy and let us know...:)

Are you asking about the Swipes or the Microfiber cloth ?

If you want the Swipes contact the people mentioned at their website or email them. I dont think I will be buying these anytime soon. If I am not mistaken the Lamington Road phone number in the Ad is of Vestronics who I think are the Biggest dealers in Mumbai for AMD CPU's.

magnet said:
thks eazy will get this this time.......btw i have used colin twice to wipe he screen...it worked well.......wht do u say????

Spray some Colin on your fingernails, especially cuticles!!:eek:hyeah:
And you will realise the truth!!:p

Happened to me while cleaning 'birdy poop' off the acrylic/plexiglass on my bike's H/L cowl!!:p
Since then, its plain water and maybe some mild detergent for me!!:rofl:

And thankfully never used Colin on My TV and monitor!!
I use a brand new- now not so brand new:p - Jockey Vest to clean TV and Monitor screen!!:ashamed:

Will get that micro fibre asap!!:clap:

Thanks a lot Eazy!!:hap2:

gee im at office n teh office boys use colin all teh time to clean the screen,no issues things seem much fine here,what bad experiences have u guys had with colin ?

Back