Android Le 1s vs iPhone SE - a LeEco advertiser's perspective

Mod Edit: Thread started by a LeEco advertiser who has been subsequently banned.

Apple announced the iPhone SE and the web is going wild about it! The Verge says "The new iPhone SE finally makes a small phone feel powerful", TechRadar says that its "Small but mighty!" and The Telegraph calls it "Apple's secret weapon". Lots of superlatives are being thrown around, as is always the case with Apple products.

So, in the midst of Apple's reality distortion field, I decided to compare it to my Le 1s - that I've been using for more than a month now. The results, at least for me, are very conclusive.

2ikqr2w.jpg
2ikqr2w.jpg

Let's start with the OS. Android and iOS are now at-par on features, freely taking inspiration from each other and the perennial also-ran Windows Phone. However, if you've been using an Android phone, the move to iOS is jarring regardless of preparation. Trust me, having moved from a OnePlus 2 to an iPhone 6S, I know this better than most. If you're an iPhone user already, there is no discussion required. If you're an Android user, then I'd say "Don't even consider an iPhone!"

Moving on to design and build, the new iPhone is, in line with Apple's policy "thinner, smaller and lighter" than the Le 1s. However, the Le 1s has an astounding screen-to-body ratio of 75% that enables single-handed use and the phone doesn't feel too big. After all, within reason, bigger is always better! Both phones offer amazing build quality at their respective price points, so that's not really much of a contest.

On display, if you like smaller screens, the iPhone SE will appeal to you. But for someone who has used a 4+ inch screen device earlier, going back to a smaller display doesn't really work. In this respect, the Le 1s scores with its big but not too big display, and its helped by minimal bezels. Resolution-wise, its a no contest with the Full HD In-Cell display on the Le 1s ruling the roost with its fantastic color reproduction, great viewing angles and almost-zero bezels.

On connectivity, both the Le 1s and the iPhone SE are at par with each other on Wi-Fi and Network compatibilities, but the Le 1s scores with its dual-SIM capability.

When it comes to performance, I believe that specs are just one part of the game. Real-world performance is key. And in this area, despite having lesser amount of RAM than the Le 1s, the iPhone SE performs equally well due to better memory management in iOS versus Android. Its a straight tie!

Camera is another key feature where specs are just one part of the game with actual photo clarity being the key identifier. The iPhone SE uses the much-lauded camera module from the iPhone 6S, so its a given that photos will come out well. The Le 1s on the other hand had a few initial hiccups with photo clarity but they've since been resolved by OTA updates, so overall - its a good camera experience on both smartphones. The Le 1s scores in lowlight clarity and front-camera! Apple, for reasons that defy logic, went with a 1.2MP sensor on the front-camera. Now megapixels might not be everything, but with a 5MP sensor, the Le 1s handily beats the iPhone SE on selfies. Another reason is the smaller aperture size on Le 1s cameras – both front and rear (f2.0) compared to the iPhone SE which has f2.4 on the front camera and f2.2 on the rear camera – in photography parlance, smaller is referred to as “wider”. A wider aperture lets in more light which gives better photos in low-light and indoor situations, and gives you that beautiful blurred “out of focus” effect on wide shots.

With respect to sensors, the Le 1s has an infrared sensor to control home appliances that the iPhone doesn't. Everything else on this front is a tie.

Finally, the "essential spec" in today's world, battery! The Le 1s has almost double the battery capacity of the iPhone SE, with fast-charge built-in! While iOS has better power management than Android, the huge difference in capacity should result in longer standby times with the Le 1s!

Regardless of all technical specifications and performance comparisons, there will still be people convinced that an Apple product is the next best thing since sliced bread! So, to those people, here is a final nail in the coffin. Both the Le 1s and iPhone SE are good phones that do almost everything you can expect them to. Most importantly for a budget-conscious Indian, the Le 1s costs INR 10,999 while the iPhone SE starts at a whopping INR 39,000! That’s three times more expensive than the Le 1s!!! Case closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the iPhone SE is overpriced in India. But there is no way specifications can be compared to say. so and so is better.If comparing to Letv then What about Coolpad note and note lite? what about the intex aqua series with 2 GB ram and quad core processors?
It is more about the user experience rather then raw specifications. I would personally prefer using a last gen iPhone 5s over even flagship androids mainly because I like iOS. I love the fact that safari has no adverts in browser vs the chrome. Does any review ever highlight that.?

I am all for good value for money android phones. But it is not fair apple to oranges comparison.

Lately with most phones being almost equal on the hardware side , what will matter in the future I guess is the user experience of the software ( how many times we get software updates ) and the security of the software considering we do most of our online shopping on these phones and have our personal photos and videos on them .
I guess in the security of the software , iPhone wins hands down . Also I'm quite sure that most tier 1 android phone manufacturers have secure phones like ( LG , Samsung Sony etc ). But regarding the Chinese manufacturers I most certainly do not trust their software loaded on the phone and they have been known to have security back doors in their phones . ( xiaomi and micromax ) . Sorry for being ot.
Ps . I have never owned an iPhone .

Why would you compare a 5.5 inch screen phone with a compact phone? Their target segments are completely different set of users.

A lot has been missed in the above comparison le1s is a fine phone but iphone is miles ahead in manyaspects,i dont think ios users will enjoy le1s

I personally feel my jailbroken iphone 6+ is smoother than my nexus 9 or any other android i saw with my friends

That's a poor comparison ; like comparing a 5 star hotel Sandwich to the roadside ones.

My 5s is finishing 3yrs, hardly gets slow or hangs, whereas all Samsung S4, S5 I used, tend to get slow over a period of months, needs factory reset 8-10 months. S6 onwards Samsung is lot faster, much reliable, so was nexus 5 (TouchWiz to blame?) .

Comparison should be between iPhone vs Nexus, or other flagships not cheaper Chinese ones. IPhone 5s is still more relevant than S5 or Nexus 5 even now. Le has nothing to lose if one Model is poorly made, Apple and other flagships have lot at stake, remember HTC M9 failure ?

BTW you can buy a Le1s every year for the time you use 5s and still save money. But for someone if brand name matters in their circles, they're still better buying a used flagship or a new 4yr old flagship (like 4s) instead of Le1s.

I always had issues with basic phone functions like network connectivity, call quality etc with cheaper Chinese phones, almost never with flagships.

Eh I thought he was talking about a survey result for the phones when I saw "Outranks."
Instead i see a shameless promo in the disguise of a user review/comparison heh. Nice try.
You should put up a disclaimer on top of this thread saying this was an attempt by OP to blatantly advertise the Le 1s and that he has been banned for it or something along that line. Just to warn other viewers.

Last edited:
Haha... I had a *fanboi alert* while reading the article. I agree that mods should change the title accordingly and make an example out of this person.

Also the brand name counts. Iphone is also status symbol. No one would flash a cheap android phone in a crowd. Most Bollywood actors who vouch for cheap android phones through TV ads actually use Iphones.

The most iPhones in India seem to be in the hands of taxi drivers these days. In fact, compared to the number of iPhones in the hands of our office employees (who all rank in the top 0.2% in terms of pay in IT sector for their respective experience levels), there are several times more iPhones among the cab drivers who drive us to work. Their use for the most part is limited to calls and SMS and for a few, Internet. So yeah, its a status symbol only for those who think its a status symbol and don't know any better.

Good hardware needs to be supported by a consistent software backup . I wonder if letv can do this . If yes , then it's good , else they are like a myriad of other Chinese manufacturers , release the phone cheaply and then forget about it as far as a software update is concerned .

I hate this current fad of having football field sized mobile phones.
At least Apple is thinking in a different direction.

All we get for small size in Android and Windows is technologically old crap.

The most iPhones in India seem to be in the hands of taxi drivers these days. In fact, compared to the number of iPhones in the hands of our office employees (who all rank in the top 0.2% in terms of pay in IT sector for their respective experience levels), there are several times more iPhones among the cab drivers who drive us to work. Their use for the most part is limited to calls and SMS and for a few, Internet. So yeah, its a status symbol only for those who think its a status symbol and don't know any better.
So the cab drivers subtly convey that they earn more than we techies.

Back