LED TV buying help

j_jindal1

Disciple
Guys I'm planning to buy an LED from UAE.

getting the following deals in DSF..

samsung 40" UA40D5000 at approx 35k+3k customs (possibly)

samsung 32" UA32D6000 at approx 29k+3k It's 3D LED

which one is better.. ? Do we get a real 3D experience in 32" screen?

samsung 32" UA32D6000 at approx 29k+3k It's 3D LED

which one is better.. ? Do we get a real 3D experience in 32" screen?

D5000 is good but you should aim for atleast D5500 , look at HDTV buying thread for further reasoning's.

You will get real 3D at 32" but not that experience and will be absolutely waste on 32", if you want to get 3D enabled TV then better get 40".

Do you specifically want to buy samsung tv? Because I am gonna recommend you lg model. I too have bought 32inch led tv from dubai. Before buying, I have done lot of comparison beween sony, samsung, lg models. Also I have visited showrooms. I recommend that you have a look at 32LW4500 & 32LW5700 models from LG. both are 3D LED models. difference is later one is smart tv too. But it was not available that time so I bought 32LW4500. I chose this model over other brands for following reasons

1) It has IPS panel. that means it has wide viewing angle. I have compared samsung and lg screen in showroom. there is noticable color shift in samsung models in similar range when looked from side.

2) It has passive 3D technology. Its advantage is goggles for this tv are lightweight, very cheap compared to others and don't require to be charged. I got 9 goggles free with my tv so I dont need to buy them anyway
<
so entire family can enjoy 3D movies.

3) It has some sort of hard coating on screen. The showroom guy showed this by pressing and pulling his finger on the screen. on samsung one I saw black trail but this was not the case with lg screen.

4) LG service and repair cost are lower than others.

5) It is made in korea. This may not be advantage but it sounded better than made in china
<

Following are some cons which I noticed.

1) Media format support through usb is not that good compared to samsung

2) Black levels not as black as samsung (But this issue is related to IPS panel not LG brand)

32inch is a good size for medium size room. And off course you experience 3D on it. It looks amazing. Btw at the time when I bought, I got this tv for 35k including customs. Samsung one was also similarly priced. so have a look at this model in showroom and then decide. Also check prices on sharf dg website. prices shown there are authentic.

samsung 32" UA32D6000 at approx 29k+3k It's 3D LED..

Hi j_jindal1

See in my openion samsung 40" UA40D5000 would be best form 32 and yes 32inches can give you the feel of 3D as Samsung provide the best quality of TV prices in India and its pictrure and sound quality is faboulus.

^^ 32 " wont provide feel of 3D.

Certainly D6000 will not give you any sort of 3D feeling.It's basic and entry level 3D set by Samsung.

If 3D is needed then go for D6600 or similar features LG set.

Please remember that currently only LG has passive 3D technology. 3D Goggles of sony and samsung are too costly (2-3k per piece). However with LG you get free goggles even in india. If you are buying from dubai, go for 3D as there is not much price difference between ordinary and 3D led tv (32 inch).

Back