Android Lenovo A Series - Feedback please!

Neo-N

Skilled
So, I was tired of waiting for the Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 and decided to buy a cheap but reliable tab in the interim.

The Lenovo A Series seem to fit the bill. I was particularly interested in the Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 5.1) and the Lenovo Tab 3 A7 (Android 6.0). Both available for roughly ~INR 5k (each!).

My usage will be movies (Non HD - Just the 720p rips) and some light music.

So, any feedback on the above tabs? Has anyone used these before? Is it worth buying?

Thanks in advance! :)

So, I was tired of waiting for the Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 and decided to buy a cheap but reliable tab in the interim.

The Lenovo A Series seem to fit the bill. I was particularly interested in the Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 5.1) and the Lenovo Tab 3 A7 (Android 6.0). Both available for roughly ~INR 5k (each!).

My usage will be movies (Non HD - Just the 720p rips) and some light music.

So, any feedback on the above tabs? Has anyone used these before? Is it worth buying?

Thanks in advance! :)
Hello!

If you are not looking for updates and are okay with the limited storage options, and if having root, and custom roms is not something you look for, then the tablet is definitely reliable.

But the 1Gb RAM they come with is something that I cannot live with. The device is definitely slow, and the lagginess will be evident especially if you are used a decent smartphone.

If you are walking into this with your eyes open, then, I do not think you will have a cause for complaint. The speakers are pretty decent, especially at the price point! :)

I have Lenovo tab 2 A7-10. I am still on Kitkat. I too bought this one specialy for watching TV shows and videos upto 720p resolution during commute.

Few comments;
- Update to 5.1 is pathetic and not worth
- 1GB RAM is good for 2-3 apps but with more apps it starts lagging here and there
- screen resolution would look bad if you are coming from handset with HD or FHD screen
- battery life is decent
- build is above average
- front cam is mere formality

I have Lenovo tab 2 A7-10. I am still on Kitkat. I too bought this one specialy for watching TV shows and videos upto 720p resolution during commute.

Few comments;
- Update to 5.1 is pathetic and not worth
- 1GB RAM is good for 2-3 apps but with more apps it starts lagging here and there
- screen resolution would look bad if you are coming from handset with HD or FHD screen
- battery life is decent
- build is above average
- front cam is mere formality

That's exactly my use... Like a commute tablet... for watching rips upto 720p.

I wanted to get the Tab 3 as it comes with Android 6.0. Everything else is same as the Tab 2 A7. But the Tab 3 is relatively new... I will wait a few days before buying (hoping ppl post reviews on flipkart and amazon) as I dont want it to be a super laggy one (with Android 6.0).

That's exactly my use... Like a commute tablet... for watching rips upto 720p.

I wanted to get the Tab 3 as it comes with Android 6.0. Everything else is same as the Tab 2 A7. But the Tab 3 is relatively new... I will wait a few days before buying (hoping ppl post reviews on flipkart and amazon) as I dont want it to be a super laggy one (with Android 6.0).
If you can really stretch your budget, I would strongly recommend you going in for an 8 incher with a little more RAM. Or probably refurbed tabs that are available on ebay. I have purchased a lenovo Yoga 2 (8 inches) for around 9k (intel soc) that has also received MM update and is doing well.

If you can really stretch your budget, I would strongly recommend you going in for an 8 incher with a little more RAM. Or probably refurbed tabs that are available on ebay. I have purchased a lenovo Yoga 2 (8 inches) for around 9k (intel soc) that has also received MM update and is doing well.

eBay.com? Coz eBay.in doesn't have any Yoga 2. Cheapest Yoga is for 14.2k. :(

eBay.com? Coz eBay.in doesn't have any Yoga 2. Cheapest Yoga is for 14.2k. :(
I got it off Ebay.in. They are not as freely available as they used to be. But, for your sake, I hope they become available. Also, DO NOT go in for the Yoga 3. They build is better, but they have actually downgraded the specs and they are terrible tablets!

I got it off Ebay.in. They are not as freely available as they used to be. But, for your sake, I hope they become available. Also, DO NOT go in for the Yoga 3. They build is better, but they have actually downgraded the specs and they are terrible tablets!

^^ Will keep looking... Thnx...

You can get iPad mini 1 in some deal. That would work perfectly for your task

^^ I will text you doc... I am not sure for movie transferring and playback works for iOS.

Via VLC. It's drag and drop easy. Just open VLC app local server. It works over wifi network. And moves all your file in one click.

So I did buy the Tab 3 A7-10F... But it was for a friend and not for myself. He was willing to take the plunge! :p

The tab is definitely faster than my 2012 Nexus 7 (duh!) and works like a charm for casual browsing, media playback etc. Also has an inbuilt radio!!

What I didn't like is the fact that the screen is narrower than my Nexus 7. I don't understand how they measure 7 inches! My nexus 7 clearly has a wider screen and it is also 7 inches IIRC.

So that killed the deal for me! Its a great buy for 5k but even then, I won't buy one for myself! My friend is damn happy with the purchase though! Good for him! Lol :p

Back