Windows Lenovo Idepad 330 not booting, stuck on Lenovo screen. Reinstall windows?

raksrules

Elite
My brother has lenovo idepad 330 laptop. It does not boot. As in, when turned on, either it is stuck on the colorful lenovo logo or lenovo logo with text "Preparing Automatic Repair" and nothing happens after that.

We don't know what the issue is but may be we may have to reinstall windows 10. I have never done this so how do I go about reinstalling windows on this machine? I dont understand UEFI and legacy boot that I saw on bios.
Is it like I have to prepare bootable USB and boot in It?

Attachments

• B4A6453E-96DA-489E-89EB-EB18E7898950.jpeg
    B4A6453E-96DA-489E-89EB-EB18E7898950.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 110
My brother has lenovo idepad 330 laptop. It does not boot. As in, when turned on, either it is stuck on the colorful lenovo logo or lenovo logo with text "Preparing Automatic Repair" and nothing happens after that.

We don't know what the issue is but may be we may have to reinstall windows 10. I have never done this so how do I go about reinstalling windows on this machine? I dont understand UEFI and legacy boot that I saw on bios.
Is it like I have to prepare bootable USB and boot in It?
Create a usb bootable pendrive using Rufus tool and use it to install windows.
Just in Bios make sure to set first boot deice to usb and enable booting from usb.

Create a usb bootable pendrive using Rufus tool and use it to install windows.
Just in Bios make sure to set first boot deice to usb and enable booting from usb.

To do so, will I need to change from UEFI to legacy boot and then select the pen drive from list (after inserting pen drive in laptop)?

To do so, will I need to change from UEFI to legacy boot and then select the pen drive from list (after inserting pen drive in laptop)?
Laptop bios are very limited compared to desktop ones. You have to cycle through all the options. Uefi might have less or the basic ones which may or may not display it so a peek into legacy boot might help.

Last edited:
Isn't it possible to reinstall Windows from the recovery partition?
AFAIK all newer laptops come with a recovery partition.
My biggest fear with Windows is reinstalling from a thumb drive and drivers installation!!
It was so easy with Macs.
Is it possible to create bootable Windows 10 thumb drive in a Mac? If not, will make one right away with the rufus.
I may land up in a situation with only a single Windows laptop in Africa.
Sorry for going off topic as usual...this forum feels like home..and you guys are family..thanks everyone.

Isn't it possible to reinstall Windows from the recovery partition?
AFAIK all newer laptops come with a recovery partition.
My biggest fear with Windows is reinstalling from a thumb drive and drivers installation!!
It was so easy with Macs.
Is it possible to create bootable Windows 10 thumb drive in a Mac? If not, will make one right away with the rufus.
I may land up in a situation with only a single Windows laptop in Africa.
Sorry for going off topic as usual...this forum feels like home..and you guys are family..thanks everyone.
Not reinstall but helps to restore to its earlier working state in case of os issues or failure. Thats the last resort to try before actually reinstalling a fresh new os..

Back