Lenovo or dell

Well, i searched all and sundry and came down to two options.

The Dell XPS15 or the Lenovo Z570. I know there are other options available but the Sony VAIO series is too costly for my tastes. Also, i have a desktop and a PS3 so wont be using it for playing games either. I would be programming, watching movies, listening to music, blogging and thats about it.

So what should i go for? Should an i5 2nd gen processor suffice to my needs? And i repeat, no games. Lots of programming. Java,php, .net, python etc is the way ahead for me.

i5 would be more than enough for programming. Even previous gen Core2Duo would be enough, but make sure that you get lots of RAM, as IDEs and Application Servers (if you plan to use) are memory-intensive. Between Dell XPS15 and Lenovo Z570, I would opt for Dell. The build quality of XPS is good, though Lenovo is not bad either. But it is not same as a thinkpad (made by Lenovo).

Go for the Dell anyday.I am using a Thinkpad x201 after using the superb Dell E6400 and I must say the Dell was way better except for the portability.Go for the Dell eyes closed.The build quality of even a Lenovo Thinkpad is nowhere near that of a Dell.Plus the warranty support of Dell is way better than Lenovo.BTW for ur usage the XPS15 is also a bit of a overkill :D

Thanx guys. But the XPS series is so closely priced that an investment of around 7k gives me almost a 2x boost in speed and is also pretty future proof.

You can try Dell Ispiron which is VFM product.I am using it since 1 year believe me its very good.....and performs well.

Back