Monitors LG LCD Confusion !!

Mohit

Skilled
I was thinking of buying a cheap 17" LCD and decided on the LG L1730S but my dealer told me that it has been discontinued and replaced with a newer model called L1752S which costs 10.6k.

now i checked the LG site and there are 3 models in 17" LCD's :

L1720B , L1732S , L1752S

which one of them is the best ?

from the specs that i saw here,

comparison chart

i think the LG1752S is the best and is priced decent as well at 10.6k.

what do u guys say ?

Also are there any other options in the 17" category ?

the LG models are better than 740N i guess ....and plus 740N is also out of stock here at my stupid place.

Hey Pal, just to let you know Viewsonic VA1912Wb-3 is Rs.13.7k in chennai, may be you can consider this ;).

@mohit.. Consider the Viewsonic saiyan is talking about.. It will be worth to invest in that coz u wont upgrade that for some time.

As for 17in i use 740N and find it quite decent. U can ask anish. he happens to use LG.

:) Obviously from the specs the model you are talking about has a much higher contrast ratio 1400:1...Even the samsung 740N has a ratio of 700:1..Theoritically it should mean better pics..I am not sure of the extent practically...better if you can have a look at both the lg and samsung and then decide...:)

raj_pol said:
:) Obviously from the specs the model you are talking about has a much higher contrast ratio 1400:1...Even the samsung 740N has a ratio of 700:1..Theoritically it should mean better pics..I am not sure of the extent practically...better if you can have a look at both the lg and samsung and then decide...:)

The 740N is decent...thats it.

A 770P would really rock the 17" segment, but its too costly and as you mentioned price is a factor....

Also consider benq, they're cheaper...and easily available in MP (should be chattisgarh also)

Saiyan said:
Hey Pal, just to let you know Viewsonic VA1912Wb-3 is Rs.13.7k in chennai, may be you can consider this ;).

hmm ill consider this one ....else i think the LG 1752S will be decent. 740N is out of stock as well.

The LG L1720B uses an S-IPS panel if i'm not mistaken. However from what I heard, its not available anywhere - even though its still listed on the LG site.

Crazy_Eddy said:
The LG L1720B uses an S-IPS panel if i'm not mistaken. However from what I heard, its not available anywhere - even though its still listed on the LG site.

But the specs on the site show:

1. 450:1 contrast
2. 250 cd brightness
3.16 ms brightness.

Does't that translate to bad :p :p

should i go for the 1752 S ??? i cant find any reviews of it ..... i might consider the Viewsonic VA1912Wb-3 if its available for the same price at my place .... so 2 choices for me now.

@eddy

how much would that S-IPS wala LG1720B cost approx if its available ? any idea ?

Totally agree with Eddy here... Anything = < 8ms is same... You dont need to worry if you are not a "Hardcore FPS Gamer"

I saw the Sony SDM-E76D TFT LCD in my friend's house today. Its better than my Viewsonic VA1912wb-3 in color reproduction and has a very good viewing angle.

here is a pic

Saiyan said:
I saw the Sony SDM-E76D TFT LCD in my friend's house today. Its better than my Viewsonic VA1912wb-3 in color reproduction and has a very good viewing angle.

here is a pic

price of that sony ? and is it also a 19" WS ??? it doesnt look like one.

Sorry i forgot to mention, its a 17" TN panel only. He bought it 3 or 4 months back for arnd 13.5k iirc.

Back