Monitors LG monitor from online sources - warranty honoured?

toocool6600

Disciple
I tried to buy monitor from lgbrandstore. In but they couldn't deliver, so I bought it from infibeam, now lg brand store clearly mentions that lg will not provide warranty from any other online source, so can I change the logo of the bill to some other normal retail store of lg to get warranty if needed in future? :)

They cannot deny warranty just because you bought it from a Online Site. This is common now a days with Dell warning against purchases on Amazon. Despite of that we all buy from there only.
You can sue them in consumer courts and Get 4x the actual amount if they refuse warranty just because of these silly reasons.

After purchasing online, Just make sure you call up Customer care to confirm the product serial no and its warranty valditiy. Never tell them you bought from Amazon or Snapdeal. You have to mention the Seller's Name.

They cannot deny warranty just because you bought it from a Online Site. This is common now a days with Dell warning against purchases on Amazon. Despite of that we all buy from there only.
You can sue them in consumer courts and Get 4x the actual amount if they refuse warranty just because of these silly reasons.

After purchasing online, Just make sure you call up Customer care to confirm the product serial no and its warranty valditiy. Never tell them you bought from Amazon or Snapdeal. You have to mention the Seller's Name.

As I mentioned in another thread, this is not true. Warranty contracts are between the manufacturer and first hand buyer and is applicable from the date of the first hand purchase. If Infibeam said you have warranty, you can ask Infibeam to honour warranty or take them to court over it. You will not have much luck if you take LG to court because warranty contract was never offered to you by LG in the first place.

If you do not buy from an authorized source, it is for all purposes a grey market item. The money you spent is only for the product. Warranty contract is treated as a separate entity from the product and you will get it only when you buy it from LG (or their authorized channels). The relationship is similar to a freebie being offered on a product by a particular store. You will get it only when you buy it from that store. You cannot go to a different store and demand that they give you the same freebie.

In fact when you buy from companies like dell, the warranty is even listed as a separate item on the invoice. When I purchased a Dell LCD directly from Dell, The invoice contained 3 separate entries for the display, power cable and the warranty

LG might still honour warranty on goodwill basis even for products bought from non-authorized sources, but they cannot be forced to honour it. However as I said, you can demand warranty from Infibeam if they listed that the product has warranty (Even if they mentioned it as manufacturer warranty)

Also note that these days, most manufacturers also have proper ways to track their authorized purchases and give warranty based on that. For example, if I buy an IFB washing machine from an authorised reseller, my personal details and date of purchase would be propagated back to IFB by the retailer without any intervention from me. They will know full details of what all IFB products I own with model numbers and date of purchases. If I call their customer care with the number I gave the retailer for the receipt, they can pull out my entire customer profile just based on that number.

Also note that these days, most manufacturers also have proper ways to track their authorized purchases and give warranty based on that. For example, if I buy an IFB washing machine from an authorised reseller, my personal details and date of purchase would be propagated back to IFB by the retailer without any intervention from me. They will know full details of what all IFB products I own with model numbers and date of purchases. If I call their customer care with the number I gave the retailer for the receipt, they can pull out my entire customer profile just based on that number.
This thing happened with my recent purchases from a LG authorised store.

LG might still honour warranty on goodwill basis even for products bought from non-authorized sources, but they cannot be forced to honour it. However as I said, you can demand warranty from Infibeam if they listed that the product has warranty (Even if they mentioned it as manufacturer warranty)
Yes, When they know that its their product distributed by their authorised distributor to some known unauthorised retailer.

now the issue is how to get LG to get it repaired ?

its bought from infibeam , LG is generally denying online bought warranties .

please suggest how to go about it , the bill has infibeam logo on it

as i wrote it damn thing (vertical lines) became 2 from 1 , just side by side sticking to one another

both different color red and green :(

what do i say to them from where i bought it?

Do you have any issue with the monitor?? If so the vertical line that you are seeing on the monitor, usually happen when your monitor cable is loose at the end VGA cable has gone bad.

Back