LG OPTimus 2x - Is it a battery drianer ?

anfjavid

Skilled
Hello people, laid my hands on the lg optimus 2x and the phone is not tad big as i thought. The phone looks sexy though not so slim as its cousin, the optimus black. But i noticed some lag when scrolling horizontally. Dont know the reason and the univercell guy blinked when i asked about this.

Recently i came to know from some websites that the phone is a battery drainer. Even with normal usage which includes some wifi/gprs browsing, social applications switched on for sometime, the battery hardly lasts for one day.

Today i called the service centre and asked about the lag. I was told that the device has to be calibrated to work with my finger. What the hell our fingers got to do with scroll lagging. When i asked about the battery he says, that situation will only arise in foreign countries with different climatic conditions which may not suit the phone. Very funny.

PLease advice guys. In some youtube videos i find the 2x lag free. Have they applied any tweaks for lag free working ?.

Then the univercell guy showed me the SGS II. The phone looked OK but the battery cover was a great dissapointment. How can 30k worth phone have such a feeble, flimsy, worst , bad looking back cover ?. This can be evidenced in the youtube videos. Very dissapointing physique. So absolutely NO idea in getting it however it performs.

So please advice if its better to go for the 2x or wait for the motorola atrix guys. Optimus black is ruled out because there are some precision issues with the onscreen keypad.

Thanx in advance

As far as you are willing to tinker with the phone, you should be good to go. I own the US version of 2X and use a custom ROM. Have to say, it is by far the fastest android phone I have used so far! Also, battery life for me at least is on par with what you expect from Android devices!

@anfjavid :If you are planning to buy Optimus 2x I suggest to wait until new software update to see how it actually fixes the problems.Even members of XDA are not sure if the problems are due to buggy software or hardware :huh:

One of the serious problem other than battery drain is random reboot/freezes.

[FAQ] O2X Shut off

rareravi said:
@anfjavid :If you are planning to buy Optimus 2x I suggest to wait until new software update to see how it actually fixes the problems.Even members of XDA are not sure if the problems are due to buggy software or hardware :huh:
One of the serious problem other than battery drain is random reboot/freezes.

[FAQ] O2X Shut off
Thanx mate, will wait then. But have any idea on when the new update will be out ?...

Btw what do you mean by ROM ? IS it firmware ? And if i apply custom rom on it will it void warranty ?

GB update is expected any time this month! And in most cases, it is possible to flash back to stock ROM so technically flashing ROMs should not void warranty!

Back