lg optimus 2x or motorola atrix ?

anfjavid

Skilled
hello guys. I heard that the motoblur ui sucks bigtime.. plz tell me how the moto ui compares with the optimus ui.. which one will be a vfm phone. Some say that since moto ui is crap, and this sufficient enough to avoid atrix . I find the optimus ui good but dont know about moto ui.

atrx isnt released yet and the price will be on par with the optimus 2x i think..... awaiting your suggestions guys....

Thanx in advance

I am using atrix 4g and one word I love it.

1) It has got 1gb ram and its better than optimus2x 512mb ram.

2) It is about to get gingerbread upgrade with unlocked boot loader and that will set it free from moto blur and honestly telling you,Moto blur does not obstruct your phone interactions.

3) It will be taken out once you get custom ROM's and all.

4) Go ahead with Atrix and you wont regret it.

its available over Ebay---aramex---you.

if locked----cellunlock.net

Its one heck of Android,just see those crazy dock's it has.

It makes line between smartphone and laptop thinner and thinner than any other device out their.

since one month or so ,I have it with me,My main work(online test series )is over desktop and for all other work like email,brownsing and small reading,Its happening over Atrix.

My vaio is sitting in cupboard since then.

yesterday, I tried hdmi out,its nice and once we get gingerbread,it will be even more awesome.

I was playing 720p encoded movie easily on it.

Even Torrenting has been taken over by atrix.I put something to download over wifi and charger on overnight.In morning I have my download ready for watching.

I have downloaded even GB's of Torrrent.

all works effortlessly.

Last but not least..FP reader has made life so easy from casual checks on phone.

their is one hack of HDMI mirroring,that I yet to do but its even more awesome.Imagine gaming on big lcd over hdmi and all running effortlessly over Nvidia ULV Gfx in phone.

I agree on flashing and all.

thats why you have to wt for absolutely stable confirmed working hacks.

If you follow directions properly,Their is very little chance of getting screwed up.

nothing can be idiot proof when it comes to hacking modding.

Ok guys, first of all you geeks use words like ROM, Modding, bootloader etc.,etc., I dont know what all these are and i havent done these even in my PC. custom ROM means FW which modded, right ? . And what is that bootloader ?. I am a bit scared to do all these as it is not a one file process and i read that i have to run a number of utils and link them to make this work, right ? Like clockwork or something which i dont remember. Please enlighten me on how to do this guys. Some have managed to install MF ROM ( dont know exact name) i googled and i found i have to use several utils to do this. Since i am a total noob on all these i am very scared to play with modded Firmwares (if that is another term for ROM ).

But i think the motorola atrix will cross 27k if i am not wrong. I require a good phone to watch 720p videos, reading doc and pdf files regardless of the length of the file ( my e71 lags if i read large files) stutter free and should be responsive also. I dont generally game in a mobile but may be, if i like the game so i am not a hardcore gamer (even vide PC) Initially i opted for opt black but several websites say it is very flimsy and instead i can shed another 5k and go for opt 2x.

Plz englighten me and also do provide me a good youtube link which will give an idea of the motoblur UI

Both are decent phones with with their share of pluses and minuses!

First, what's common: Both are Dual Core Tegra 2 based, unlocked bootloaders (2X came unlocked OOTB while Atrix had it unofficially), community support!

Things going for Atrix:

1 GB RAM

Webtop over HDMI hack

Notification LED (a small thing prolly but I love it)

qHD resolution screen (fonts are crisp and clear on the display)

Relatively free of any issues (Compared to 2X which according to reports has a few issues at the moment, though I never faced any)

Things in favor of 2X:

FAST, I mean real fast! (Atrix doesn't have CM7 or AOSP based ROMs, so it loses a point on this though it is not slow by any means)

Display is amazing (Next best to SAMOLED, Atrix's display is, I would say, average when compared to this)

Native HDMI mirroring (Looks awesome on LCD TV)

8 MP Camera with 1080p video recording(Compared to Atrix's 5 MP with 720p and an unofficial-and-not-there-yet 1080p recording)

^ also atrix has a bigger battery then all other droids out there which can be a deciding factor for many. In future with good custom fw it is quite capable of giving 2 days use under moderate load. I am waiting for atrix to come to India officially. Even without lap dock its a great phone.

aka911 said:
^ also atrix has a bigger battery then all other droids out there which can be a deciding factor for many. In future with good custom fw it is quite capable of giving 2 days use under moderate load. I am waiting for atrix to come to India officially. Even without lap dock its a great phone.
Agreed about the battery capacity but I don't think we can ever get 2 days on an Android phone with the current battery technology (unless you use it only for calls/sms with data turned off)

pratikb said:
If you follow directions properly,Their is very little chance of getting screwed up.

nothing can be idiot proof when it comes to hacking modding.

Better safe than sorry considering the investment around 25k. If OP is okay with non-warranty stuff then Atrix is better buy.

comp@ddict said:
When buying something for 25k, I would definitely make sure I get warranty.
I agree,considering the fact that OP doesn't have much idea about modding and other stuff. Do take a note of SAR rating of Atrix 1.47W/Kg (body) and 1.35W/Kg(body).

see all thses SAR values are for guidance.

phone is market that means it passed FCC tests.

I agree for OP--warranty is must.

I would say go ahead and buy optimus 2X as i dont see motorola launching atrix here officially.

also its batterydoes not lqast one full day but again i used it a lot.

Go with optimus 2x.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

it is less than 1.60 .you can find it in support pages of Optimus 2x

anfjavid said:
But what is the SAR value of the LG optimus 2x ?. Do you mean 2x has low radiation than the atrix
SAR of O2X is 0.545 W/Kg (Head) and 0.897 W/Kg (Body) .O2X has less radiation levels than Atrix but still it is not clear about radiation effects on human life.These things are discussed in TE somewhere (I think Defy thread).

comp@ddict said:
When buying something for 25k, I would definitely make sure I get warranty.
I used to feel the same way until I started enjoying fruits of going the other way around.

Optimus 2x - 25k with warranty & 15-17k shipped without warranty

after 1yr..

Market worth 15k..

either would sell for the same price.

was spending 10k extra worth it? Because that is part of the depreciation anyways.

What do you sacrifice?

Hardware support

How can you combat it?

Make sure you purchase good quality hardware... preferably used so that there are no surprises.

Do not worry about s/w problems. These phones are meant to be taken care of by the users. They are not really worth the penny without you willing to unleash the potential. If you do not wish to tinker then i would honestly suggest you purchase something suitable to you OOB.

@OP

If warranty and s/w support is a concern then go for Sensation or SGS2 in india.

Max you can be happy about is to get a replacement for hardbrick. and only you can be the best judge of whether the price difference is worth it. Hassle free is not exactly free in terms of money.

At vfm, nothing beats atrix at the moment at it's price range of 15k-17k shipped via aramex. and with unlocked bootloader, everybody is increasing the pricing.

Then is it better to go with the black atleast ? I heard the black is fast and its good with better battery. But some say that if the 2x gets a better update, then at that time o2x will be the best bang for buck. But dont know when this will happen.

The atrix i heard that the display is not on par with the o2x. Any ideas ?

Back