LG optimus 2x or Motorola Atrix ?

1 - I would rarely use the camera
2 - Bigger memory, more ram, better screen, fingerprint reader are an attraction towards the atrix
Considering both are from the US (hence no warranty) and are at similar price points ~16-17k
Which is better ?
Is there something my noob self needs to know ?

Here is the link that compares the Atrix against Optimus 2X. Atrix was the winner and it goes through every detail of how each performs against each other.

Motorola Atrix vs LG Optimus 2X

I believe you already answered your question of why Atrix attracts you :) Other than that nothing you are missing with not buying Optimus 2X. So go ahead and buy Atrix with confidence. This is coming from someone who owns US version of LG Optimus 2X (G2X)

Go for the Atrix mate...as now moto is taken over by Google it would gte more faster updates and the community for atrix is excellent. Optimus has a brilliant screen but somehow feels inferior in front of the Atrix. as aradhakr84 has pointed out the differences Atrix is clearly a winner. Rest is ur choice buddy. :)

i just got my atrix and it is AMAZING. And if it is the same price then why would someone want to go with 512 mb ram when they can have 1gb at the same cost. A better screen. Higher pixels. Crisper texts and now googles owns motorola so i own a google phone... :D. and the fingerprint reader is just for excitement dont really use it though. And i have seen the screen og optimus 2x(indian version) feels cheap and fake. Get the Atrix. You would love the phone. I suggest you to give a look at the Photon 4g. It would cost around 2-3k extra but it is also amazing phone. same as atrix just with a slightly bigger screen. and nothing. still check it out. dnt know much about the features.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

yeah the camera is not that great.

The new Alien4 build ROM for the Atrix unleashes the camera and allows for 1080p recording.

They say that the cam gets upgraded to Droid 3's, which is a whopping 8mp cam.

Having said that, if anybody can provide the info abt the improvement of reg snapshots quality with the new Alien 4 build pls ?

amritsingh87 said:
Considering both are from the US (hence no warranty) and are at similar price points ~16-17k

Which is better ?

Is there something my noob self needs to know ?

could u plz tell me how to get atrix for 16-17k???

kindly post the link.

go for motorola atrix ,

as i am using tmobile g2x , display is good , i havent seen atrix display hence i cant comment on that.

LCD bleed problem is common with old models.

Only thing it lacks is 512MB RAM ompared to 1GB of ATRIX.

G2x does have very good community support.

G2X may have lesser amount of RAM than Atrix but it is, without doubt, the fastest phone of the two. Also, it's display is way better than that on Atrix. If you are ok with minor issues like GPS being slow, backlight bleeding (minor for me at least), I would advice you to go for G2X. Also, G2X has better community support than Atrix (check XDA to confirm that)

^Sam, customs is 1.3% on phones AFAIK (please also confirm from shopnship thread on TE) and everything comes to 18K including posting and customs.... Shopnship charges are $10 on first 500grms. so if you win the bid around $300-$320 then Rs.14672+1.3% customs and $10 shippng +10.5 tax on shipping... I think you can easily get atrix at $320 on ebay.com, sorry don't know any other way

paarkhi said:
^Sam, customs is 1.3% on phones AFAIK (please also confirm from shopnship thread on TE) and everything comes to 18K including posting and customs.... Shopnship charges are $10 on first 500grms. so if you win the bid around $300-$320 then Rs.14672+1.3% customs and $10 shippng +10.5 tax on shipping... I think you can easily get atrix at $320 on ebay.com, sorry don't know any other way

Dont bank on it.

The seller from whom I bought my Transformer and G2X went nuts with the packaging.

My transformer came packed in 12lbs (volumetric weight ) box and G2x came packed in 4.2lbs package. :p

Talk about overkill packaging :p

Freaky said:
Pat, use the Webtop once and you'd never want to go back to the G2x again :p

Sent from Alienated MAtrix using T'Talk Pro

Used it once. While the idea is no doubt a good one, I found it way too slow for doing any productive work!

Oh and btw, I have owned and used both G2X and Atrix. I sold the G2X because there was no official GB release at that time and some quality issues with the phones (which are supposedly fixed in the official GB). In short, both are good phones with their pros and cons and you can't go wrong with either of them :)

paarkhi said:

are u talking about used phone or the new one?

coz what i found with the link below is the cheapest new bid won form 8 Aug is $387 so if u post some link it would be great!!!

Motorola Atrix 4G - 16GB - Black Unlocked Smartphone | eBay

^I'm talking about a new one and locked from ATT which you can easily unlock with $20, and you need to watch the bidding, there you will get it cheap, I think there is somewhere a thread on TE where a user was able to get the new one in $350

Back