LG OPTIMUS BLACK - Need suggestions

anfjavid

Skilled
Hello friends, got fed up of my Nokia E71 though its a sweet phone, which cannot be denied. Initially i finalized the optimus 2x but dropped that idea after seeing its size. Too big !!!. I need a phone which can be secured to my belt pouch. I think the LG optiums black is not that big. The minuses of this phone are lack of 1080p, dual core proccy and HDMI port afaik. I am not bothered about these features since it has attractive features like light weight, thinness, wifi direct and the phone is good looking than its cousin.

So finally decided to get this phone. Dont know when it will reach the chennai market. If anyone of you is using this phone or come across it, please tell me if its worth buying. I think the price will come down after a month or two.

Throw your opionions guys....

thanx in advance...

Optimus Black and Optimus 2X are same size.

I've held and used them both side by side.

And the weight of both phones is same, you won't notice a 10gram difference honestly, since you simply won't be able to make out.

The screen in Black is supposed to be the best, but I beg to differ. Nokia's CBD hands-down is the best, Black being brighter only.

WIth all due respect, you'll be doing injustice to your hard-earned money if you buy the LG Optimus Black instead of the LO Optimus 2X when the prices are near identical.

@comp@ddict - it's not 10g difference. It's 30gram and I guess the OP can feel the difference.
But the thing, which OP worried the most - "BIG" isn't gonna change. The form factor, for both mobiles are same, except for a mm difference in all the sides, so there won't be much difference.
And Optimus Black launching in India. It won't be. If it gets launched, it'll be under 19K or it won't be bothered by anyone.

Suggestion for OP - Go for Optimus 2X as everybody is suggesting. Else if you want a bigger display but a small device, go for Motorola Defy at 14.4K. or Wildfire S @ 12.3K (medium sized display, feels tiny on hands).

BTW, In personal experience, the feeling of "BIG" on hands will vanish after few days of use. And you'll crave for much bigger display, ready to hold a much bigger phone :)

Hell, every smartphone weighs at 130grams ~ ish range. THe LG O2X does too.

THe Black, impressive, havn't seen another 109gram device to say the truth. But with all due respect, the Optimus 2X is a MUCH MUCH better option:

1. Dual Core CPU

2. Tegra 2 chipset graphics( comparable or better than Power VR SGX 540)

3. Ready Cyanogen Mod 7 support

4. 8MP snapper can do 1080p video recording

THe SGS II AFAIK is 30-31k. THe thing is, if OP is buying something like 20k, we would suggest 25k would be the most awesome deal. Now if he stretches 25k, we say, why not another 5k and grab the best. But overall 10k increase is a bit too much isn't it?

Why increase the OP's budget to 24K when he can get Nexus S at 19K. As of now, not much of a difference between Nexus S and O2X. And Nexus S will be the first to get ICS, due to the developer community's support.

emmarbee said:
Why increase the OP's budget to 24K when he can get Nexus S at 19K. As of now, not much of a difference between Nexus S and O2X. And Nexus S will be the first to get ICS, due to the developer community's support.
Why there is no difference? O2X is dual core,8mp camera,1080p vid rec.

See the realtime usage videos posted by gsmarena(SIIvsSGS+vsO2X) and mobile-review(SGS vs O2X).
The dual core in O2x doesn't play 720p videos in browser (not sure about in cyanogenmod).
NO big difference in gaming too.
Camera sensor may be 8mp, but the quality isn't stunning, even the 1080p video.
It is INDEED a great device @24K. But @19K the nexus S similarly great. So why spend the extra money. If he can get the same VFM device at a lower price :)
techpal said:
Why there is no difference? O2X is dual core,8mp camera,1080p vid rec.

I don't understand when the OP has clearly mentioned that he does not need features like 1080p video or Hdmi or even dual core processor then why is everyone hellbent on recommending him O2x?

Morever The experience on O2x out of the box is not that good(according to early reviews). Yes I know you can CM7 it,but this thread is in section "Mobile phone buying advice" and not "The most vfm phone in 25k"

Also OP has clearly ruled out O2x in his post so I dont see why we should coerce in him buying it.

@OP

1) Black also has sluggish UI out of the box(according to early adopters)

2) Nexus S is arguably better looking though also thicker and heavier(Black to me feels "Iphone,Here I come" not necessarily a bad thing

3) Black is new and does not enjoy good community support. Also I dont see it developing much or selling much at the current price.

As I mentioned in my previous post,do try out desire S(I was surprised how small it is,almost the size of defy but slimmer) in a local shop and also SGS

Also If no budget constraints , you can check out arc.

Back