LG Optimus one - problem with Ndrive

Brendon

Skilled
Hey guys, my dad is using an LG Optimus One that he purchased recently.

Its all working fine but there is an offline GPS software - Ndrive that allows you a free map. We selected India but we get a message saying "'This device isn't authorized to make this operation."

I have tried this many times after rebooting the phone but to no avail.

Anybody else faced this problem and managed to resolve it ?

Any help will be appreciated.

TIA

AFAIK Ndrive is a paid app. :p

This is what the 'free' description in Android market says:

Please do not download this application, respectfully. This APK serves strictly as a form of support for existing customer bases and people that have a Serial Number or IMEI authorization issued by NDrive.

EDIT: Just saw in another thread where you mentioned the LG comes with that app and a map. Didn't know that.

Anyways, it seems there's an issue with your license not getting recognized. Is there any activation option? Also is the phone connected to the net?

^^ No No Ndrive IS a paid app, I can download the India map for 30 Euro from the app itself but Ndrive and LG have tied up to offer 1 map free in the hopes that people who wish to use the GPS abroad will buy more maps. :)

Here is the official communication - NDrive.com

I think ill check again with customer care. The first guy we tried was clueless. Maybe another chap will have better knowledge. :)

Basically when you start the app a screen appears saying "You are eligible for 1 free map". Once you say ok it gives you a choice of maps and when I say India after a few seconds I get that error message. :(

Back