LG WH10LS30 Blu-Ray disk Rewriter!

sandeepk

Disciple
I purchased this for around Rs. 7500 last month. A friend brought it with him from US so no additional shipping charges :hap2:

View attachment 11780

Maximum speed supported is 10x. But the media to write at such speed is costly. So I have bought 4x media, which can be safely written at max speed of 6x. I have written around 3 BD-R disks with it and they are recorded perfectly. Still haven't bought any Movie Blu-Ray yet, but will purchase it soon!

Attachments

• DSC05649.JPG
    DSC05649.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 99
How much is is it locally?... Internationally prices have cooled down somewhat considering its a 10x writer.

But more drop is needed, atleast sub 5k for it to be really lucrative to masses in India...

Congrats by the way... :)

Thanks everybody!!!

The cost of drive itself was total $156 including local US shipping, when it was ordered from amazon on second week of July. It was shipped in 7 days. In addition to that I was charged about Rs. 285 for using Indian credit card for foreign transaction. So it comes to around Rs. 7500. As friend himself bought it with him there was not additional taxes/shipping charges. He came back to India in August.

Both me and my friend thought to buy BD-R from local US store. But it was very costly there, so he searched more but soon came his departure date from US. As the shipping might have taken more than promised 4-5 days shipping, so I thought to ship it to India. The media I ordered was Memorex 4x. The cost was $35 for 30 pieces. This was ordered directly via ICC to ship it to India which took 8 days. In the end it was Rs. 2400 including octroi (In Pune it is applicable). So a single piece comes to be at Rs. 80 which is really cheap considering it is 25 GB disk.

@HailStonE, even the BD-ROM cost around $60 in US, whereas combo drive (BD-ROM + DVD Rewritable) costs around $100 atleast. So I don't see 5000 barrier reaching before a year or more.

the prices should have cooled by now if for sony's rigorous licensing terms. Prices of DVD witers have reached their lowest ever along with Dual layer DVD's. it s high time we get BR-disks for cheap.:mad:

Back