LG's Freebies with their 17" LCD

The Microwave Oven may be of use to all you mad overclockers who want to fry their computers OR the Reebok shoes to kick start your computers after it hangs after a bad overclock OR The Printer to write out your suicide note when you realise you have lost your computer forever.

Darthcoder said:
Is this LG Monitor better than the Samsung 740N in any way??

no not in any way

Samsung 740N is 300cd/sq.m
LG L1730S is 250cd/sq.m

Samsung 740N is 600:1
LG L1730S is 550:1

Samsung 740N is 8ms
LG L1730S is 16ms

Samsung 740N is 160 / 160 degrees (H/V)
LG L1730S is 160 / 160 degrees (H/V)

Its a shame that LG chooses to use TN panels in its displays inspite of making IPS panels itself and selling those to the likes of Dell/HP/Apple/NEC. Pretty sad really.

Chaos said:
Its a shame that LG chooses to use TN panels in its displays inspite of making IPS panels itself and selling those to the likes of Dell/HP/Apple/NEC. Pretty sad really.
:O What!!! I didnt know that.

But why?? Are they obliged to Dell/HP, etc.... that they wont use these panels in their own models??

I read in another forum that all Panels are made ONLY by Samsung and LG and all other brands buy from one of these two - is this for real ??

^ I've heard of another big player called AU Optronics, and those seem to be used extensively in ViewSonic models.

Judging from the good models ViewSonic's been putting out, they seem to be pretty good panels! :)

Back