Light as Air! Nuff said..

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
Well, I have purchased a lot of products in the past but never really showed off anything.. But I think this deserves some space in this section :p

I am quite sure you all guessed it correct.. This is the new "Apple iPad Air". The day Apple released it, I decided I am going to buy this product.

Being an Android ROM developer and enthusiast for past 4 years (and still I am). It was obvious that some of my ROM followers, friends on XDA hated this purchase. However, I wanted to use the two best mobile operating systems on the planet.. Android and iOS..

This one is "Space Gray" 32GB (Wifi + Celluar).. I already have one white colored device and I hate to maintain it..

Let the pictures talk..
jdYr6gm.jpg

g4z2jrf.jpg

fF0Oyvf.jpg

oGx9hK1.jpg

9SitP0U.jpg

Pros :
1. Battery life is excellent
2. So light weight, easy to hold, beautiful looking device.
3. iOS7 feels snappier on this.
4. Power is just amazing

Cons :
1. I miss "back button" so badly.. Some apps don't have an option to go to the back screen. #sucks.
2. iOS 7 is still unpolished and needs some UI tweaking.. (iOS 7.1 looks great. Waiting for it)

Some software limitations I found irritating :
1. App Store prompts for password every now and then. I know the security measures but come on. Ask for a password only when I "purchase" paid app just like Google Play does.
2. Sometimes, when I go to Games or Newsstand section in App Store, it does not let me come back to All Categories.. It does not happen all the times.
3. When I tried turning off Notifications of one application, Settings app just crashed with weird screen flicker. It happened only once..

Finally, I am more than happy with this purchase. This is by far the best iPad / Tablet ever.. I am loving this to the core.

PS : I still love Android and will always be loyal to it.. :D

Last but not the least.. One more thing I received on the same day I got iPad..
"A song of Ice and Fire" Set (6 books).. Got an amazing deal on Flipkart. This one cost me 1350 bucks..

FPnlwFe.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy new year..

@Rahul++

I was thoroughly surprised when i saw and iOS related thread with your name :O
Awesome purchase dude. Hope you enjoy iOS as well. And yes you are free to complain about all WHITE look of iOS 7. I am hating it myself as of now.

Well.. IIRC.. I am one of the very old iOS users.. Ive been using it since it wasn't even named iOS.. :D Although i never used iOS for a long time. Ive been following all the Apple events, using colleagues' iPads and what not. The only thing i miss here is back button and custom keyboards.. Thats it.. I am very much used to awesome Android keyboards especially the word suggestions and swipe ability.. I miss on iOS the most..

Back