Budget 71-90K Lightweight Laptop with good display & 16GB RAM

docview

Recruit
Hi,
Looking for a lightweight laptop with 100% sRGB display, 16GB RAM (8gb upgradeable to 16) & good battery life. 14inch display is preferred. Will be mostly used for basic photo editing & multimedia. Budget is around 70k.

Thanks

Hi,
Looking for a lightweight laptop with 100% sRGB display, 16GB RAM (8gb upgradeable to 16) & good battery life. 14inch display is preferred. Will be mostly used for basic photo editing & multimedia. Budget is around 70k.

Thanks
Macbook Air M1 ?

Though it is a phone manufacturer, look at Mi Notebook Ultra - 16/512 GB, i7 11 Gen - 77k INR, Screen is awesome.

Thanks everyone for suggestions.

There are so many models with 8GB soldered RAM in India while similar models are available with 16GB variant in US.

There are two Lenovo Yoga 7 models which meet 100% sRGB & 16GB requirement. 'Build your own' model with anti-glare display is around 79k. Touch panel with glossy display is 87k. I hope it's fine to give links - https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/yoga/yoga-s-series/Yoga-Slim-7-14IIL05/p/88YGS701396

Acer Acer Swift X with Ryzen 5 Hexa Core Processor & Nvidia RTX 3050 costs 85k - https://store.acer.com/en-in/acer-s...41g-with-35-56-cm-14-inch-fhd-display-1-37-kg
I'll have to confirm with Acer support whether this has 100% sRGB display.

I'll also check feedback on above mentioned Mi notebook Ultra though Mi notebook pro is lighter. (1.4 v 1.79)

LG Gram 16 is at 85k. Is the RAM upgradeable on this variant?

Unfortunately, the 2021 LG Grams have Soldered ram only. It’s otherwise pretty good. But the Acer Swift X will also be quite good, especially with the RTX card which is bound to make it much faster than any APU only based system For video editing, plus the Ryzen 5600U is a fantastic processor. Most reviews indicate the Swift X coming with a 100% sRGB screen, but yea good idea to check up with Acer directly.

I'll also check feedback on above mentioned Mi notebook Ultra though Mi notebook pro is lighter. (1.4 v 1.79)

Mi NoteBook Pro Screen = 2.5K (2560x1600) at 215 PPI
Mi NoteBook Ultra Screen = 3.2K (3200x2000) at 242 PPI at 90Hz Refresh Rate.

Both are 16:10 Aspect Ratio which is Great for Works.

RAM is Fixed, So opting 16GB recomended - but the Storage is upgradable.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for suggestions.

There are so many models with 8GB soldered RAM in India while similar models are available with 16GB variant in US.

There are two Lenovo Yoga 7 models which meet 100% sRGB & 16GB requirement. 'Build your own' model with anti-glare display is around 79k. Touch panel with glossy display is 87k. I hope it's fine to give links - https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/yoga/yoga-s-series/Yoga-Slim-7-14IIL05/p/88YGS701396

Acer Acer Swift X with Ryzen 5 Hexa Core Processor & Nvidia RTX 3050 costs 85k - https://store.acer.com/en-in/acer-s...41g-with-35-56-cm-14-inch-fhd-display-1-37-kg
I'll have to confirm with Acer support whether this has 100% sRGB display.

Go for the Swift X . It's the best among the bunch

But the Acer Swift X will also be quite good, especially with the RTX card which is bound to make it much faster than any APU only based system For video editing, plus the Ryzen 5600U is a fantastic processor. Most reviews indicate the Swift X coming with a 100% sRGB screen, but yea good idea to check up with Acer directly.
I contacted Acer support & they called back after an hour. They said NTSC is 72% & they don't have sRGB specifications adding if NTSC is mentioned then sRGB stat is not mentioned. I don't have much idea about this. On a random Quora reply I read NTSC 72 covers minimum 97-99% sRGB - is this correct?

Other option is to look at Mi notebook with good display though I have never even purchased their mobile phones..

I contacted Acer support & they called back after an hour. They said NTSC is 72% & they don't have sRGB specifications adding if NTSC is mentioned then sRGB stat is not mentioned. I don't have much idea about this. On a random Quora reply I read NTSC 72 covers minimum 97-99% sRGB - is this correct?

Other option is to look at Mi notebook with good display though I have never even purchased their mobile phones..
Yep, 72% ntsc is 95-100% sRGB depending on individual panel differences. The Acer Swift X seems to be the ideal 14” video and photo editing laptop under a lakh!
More info here:

Unfortunately, the 2021 LG Grams have Soldered ram only. It’s otherwise pretty good.

That's such a shame as they used to have an extra RAM and SSD slot in the previous models. The 2020 models are still available though and cheaper than the 2021 model in the 14 inch version and I doubt that there is much difference between 10th and 11th gen i5.

That's such a shame as they used to have an extra RAM and SSD slot in the previous models. The 2020 models are still available though and cheaper than the 2021 model in the 14 inch version and I doubt that there is much difference between 10th and 11th gen i5.
11th is actually significantly better than 10th gen especially with the Iris Xe iGPU

Lenovo thinkpad E14 gen3 AMD fully customizable and custom ips screen available as well for customization. delivery takes time , it directly gets shipped from shenzen but full warranty in india its worth it

Back