FS: Networking Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream™ AC5400 Tri band MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router

webgupta

Adept
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
kolkata
Item Condition
3 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Cash
  2. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Jan 24, 2023
Shipping Charges
Excluded - at actuals
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
no
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
dont need it
bought it from this forum itself.

The 2.4 ghz band doesn't work. only 5ghz band works great.
Hence not suiting my purpose.
The original seller refused to take it back and insists i dont know how to set it up since the post wasnt for "noobs" and "netpickers" hence posting it back if someone needs it.

Original link to the post

Attachments

• linksys 1.jpeg
    linksys 1.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 129
  • linksys 2.jpeg
    linksys 2.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 124
Hey, I'm interested in knowing how did you conclude that 2.4ghz radio is not working?
Is this router flashed with stock firmware or custom like openwrt?

If using openwrt then since this router has broadcom radios they might not work fully or properly as broadcom doesn't provide FOSS drivers. DD-WRT should work fine if available. Otherwise you can just go back to stock firmware.

Hey, I'm interested in knowing how did you conclude that 2.4ghz radio is not working?

If using openwrt then since this router has broadcom radios they might not work fully or properly as broadcom doesn't provide FOSS drivers. DD-WRT should work fine if available. Otherwise you can just go back to stock firmware.
Yeah, he is right, if you are selling out of frustration, I would be happy to help you figure this out if you need a little help. BTW what firmware are you running?

It has stock firmware. The 2.4 ghz works only if the laptop/phone is near to the router 1/2m maybe. Else doesn’t pop up on the list.
Resetting the router also does the same. Maybe I don’t know or doing something wrong.

1674578237436.jpeg

Sold to @john1911

Attachments

• B8E04D7E-ACEA-4E4B-98F5-0F5AE51938B3.jpeg
    B8E04D7E-ACEA-4E4B-98F5-0F5AE51938B3.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
It has stock firmware. The 2.4 ghz works only if the laptop/phone is near to the router 1/2m maybe. Else doesn’t pop up on the list.
Resetting the router also does the same. Maybe I don’t know or doing something wrong.
Ok maybe the antenna cable is loose inside or disconnected.

If that’s the case then sad to let it go. It’s a stunner of a piece.
I agree, that's probably why people jumped the gun without second thoughts.
Even if only 5Ghz works on this since it has 2 radios for 5Ghz it can work excellent in wireless backhaul scenario providing near full bandwidth.

Back