Linksys WRT54GL questions

Checksum

Skilled
I was looking for a router/wifi AP and stumbled upon this on newegg. What i like about it is that it has 4 inbuilt lan ports, so that i can connect my two PC's directly instead of investing in a switch.

Has anyone encountered any problems while using this with airtel? and what about availability in chennai, and the price? Also, is there a better alternative?

I bought 4 Nos. of Buffalo WHR-G54S for 1875 each. Its Acces Point + Router. It also have 4 LAN Port in it. I think its a good router coz the buyers are chaos, supratim, sunny, etc... from b'lore :p. Apart from that i haven't done any research as such on these.

Both the Linksys and the Buffalo are good and support 3rd party firmware. But the Linksys, I think is costlier than the Buffalo. Doesn't make sense in spending more for nothing additional.

Freaky said:
Both the Linksys and the Buffalo are good and support 3rd party firmware. But the Linksys, I think is costlier than the Buffalo. Doesn't make sense in spending more for nothing additional.

what is the cheapest wifi router one can buy then, did u ask the price? :p

oh and msg me on msn

Thanks saiyan! If all the pros of TE chose it, i cannot go wrong. And i take it that it can be flashed with custom firmware? And which one is better - tomato or dd wrt?

Saiyan said:
I bought 4 Nos. of Buffalo WHR-G54S for 1875 each. Its Acces Point + Router. It also have 4 LAN Port in it. I think its a good router coz the buyers are chaos, supratim, sunny, etc... from b'lore :p. Apart from that i haven't done any research as such on these.

Where can i get for Rs 1875 ?

I got it from Delta Peripherals, Chennai.

One more thing to note. In the box it'll be written "Wireless-G 125* High Speed", you'll have to look in the small label where you will find the price, it'll be written there as "Item : BFL-WHR-G54S".

If you go to delta, you can ask Mr.Kamal, he'll be knowing about it.

And just for information sake, the Importers are "Advent Infotech Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi"

Thanks a lot saiyan! really useful info. Will be getting it in a couple of day's time. And any info on the custom firmware? which is better?

Back