Load balancing router

pguy

Disciple
Hello guys,

We have two internet connections at our place, mtnl and airtel (for redundancy) . Is there a decent load balancer available in the market that you guys have had some experience with? I was looking to use a load balancer so that both connections can be used simultaneously and then we can simply plug a printer to the router etc to ensure everyone has access to the printers and also are on the same network. Not too keen on a PC solution, would prefer a hardware solution that we can plug in/configure and forget about

Some time back i've used tomato dual wan firmware(chinese one) in my RT-N16 for a week. It has dual wan support, but i've used only one in that :)

If you're looking for a router that has load balancing features built into it, you can also take a look at the Cisco RV042. It's available on eBay starting at around 7k.

Is your printer a network printer? If it's not, then you can't connect the printer directly to the RV042. It doesn't have any USB ports for printer/storage sharing.

Edrill said:
If you're looking for a router that has load balancing features built into it, you can also take a look at the Cisco RV042. It's available on eBay starting at around 7k.

Is your printer a network printer? If it's not, then you can't connect the printer directly to the RV042. It doesn't have any USB ports for printer/storage sharing.

Stole my words. Just make sure you get the newer V3. Smallnetbuilder has some nice words to spare for it.

Oh yeah, the newer v3 unit is far more stable and robust. Pretty easy to identify since the v3 is a grey/black unit whereas the older v1 unit is a silver box. The older versions have the Linksys brandname, whereas the v3 is branded Cisco Small Business.

Back