PC Peripherals Logitech G602 - Anyone Using This?

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Hello folks,

Both my Razer DA (Dragon Age II Ed) and Razer Mamba have developed the 'click problem' and has been annoying me for the last few weeks. I was searching for a mouse to buy online and had pretty much nailed it on the simple and clean looking Logitech G400s but then stumbled upon the Logitech G602 and instantly was drawn to it! It looks incredible and the best part is it has plenty of programmable side-keys and also is wireless. Having used the Razer Mamba before I really do happen to like the wireless design on it.

So, is anyone here using/ used the G602? Would like to hear some user reviews and feedback. Online user reviews seem pretty solid to me and I'm planning to buy it.

Regards,
Black_Hawk

P.S. No suggestions for CM mice please, not into them.

Last edited:
Hey. I have a Logitech G602.
Unfortunately I haven't been really using it and it's still box packed. :p So I can't really comment on the tracking part. From little what I have used, it did seem pretty decent. It's my first wireless mouse so can't really compare with other higher end wireless mice.
But I can tell you that the build quality and feel is great. If you're coming from a DA, you'll be very pleased with the grip. I'm currently using a DA Black edition which has become crap after hardly 2 years, I think more like 1.5 years. I had seen the G602 at @toxicdrift 's place and instantly fell in love with it. He also mentioned the battery life is awesome, especially in the low power mode.

Bottom line, I feel it's a great bargain for the price. Let me play with it a little and I'll get back to you with better views on gaming.

using it since last yr nov/dec now and i love it. ive only changed the batteries once, make sure u use duracell only, thing works like a beast, also used the razer da (old version before this) and i have yet to use a better wireless mouse then the 602. highly recommend it. u wont be disappointed :D

Thank-you for the replies guys!

@toxicdrift: I have a question for you my friend... as regards to gaming, playing FPS titles in particular (since I end up using my X360 controller in the other genre's) how does the sensor work in tracking your movements. I had posted the same question over at the forum on AT and user's there told me that the sensor on the G400s is better when compared to the sensor on the G602, even thought the G400s is cheaper. Have you had any noticeable gripes while playing FPS titles with your G602?

i dont really game much as i use a laptop, have a x360s :p , for daily use, i have no issues with a cm mousepad,the g400s is a proper laser mouse so it might be better, all depends on ur use, for mild gaming im sure itll handle just fine. wait till @viralbug gets back with his gaming report . ill try downloading some games .. any recommendations for the 630m?

Hey @toxicdrift, I think you have the G400s confused with the G500s, because the G400s is an optical mouse and the G500s is the laser mouse. For the last few days I have read pretty solid reviews of the G400s and it's sensor replicating pretty darn accurate movements in games thus was thinking of picking one up. Honestly, the clicking issues with the DA is getting extremely annoying and is getting to me now.

I believe the sensor on the G400S is better than the G602. Also the G602 has a 500Mhz polling rate, though I'm unsure how much these numbers really affect while gaming, especially if a casual gamer.
If you can wait till weekend, I will try to update you with some gaming experience. Too tied up with work this week to have time for gaming. :(

I do game quite a bit (say about a couple of hours everyday, leaving a few weeks when I'm busy at office and the work hours are extended) and the mouse with a better sensor is of the priority here, specially since I am getting it primarily for FPS titles and the older point and click RPG games which I still do play. Infact I have Shadowrun Returns sitting pretty on my HDD which I'll need to pick up soon. Thus, I believe I'll just settle for the GS400s and see how it goes from there. If I end up being disatisfied using it while gaming even after a few weeks I can always buy the G602 then. What say @viralbug?

Update: Got the Logitech G400s last evening and been using it. First impressions are that it is a lot like the Logitech MX518 which I had years back except that it looks better IMO. The grip is solid and the textured surface which touches the back palm of my hand helps with the grasp. The forward and back side keys work great and the on the fly DPI changes are always a great thing. Haven't used it while gaming yet.

Back