PC Peripherals Logitech MK250 wireless desktop query

arun687

Skilled
Hey guys,

My 2 year old iball laser mouse is dying and so I was looking for a decent mouse when I thought I could go with a wireless desktop too for added comfort. So I'm now confused if I should go for a wireless desktop or a decent wired mouse alone. Please note that I'm currently using an iball keyboard too, in which the keys have started fading off.

My options are

1 - Logitech MK 250 wireless desktop - 1.4k

2 - Gigabyte M6800 mouse - Rs 750

I'm more inclined towards getting the MK250 but want to know how's it overall, since it's a new model I couldn't find the reviews anywhere. It uses 2.4 ghz wireless technology so how's it compared to the old 27 Mhz found in other wireless desktops like Logitech EX 90, EX 110 and the Microsoft 700 and 1000? How does it affect the battery life and performance? Rechargeable batteries are needed?

My main uses are surfing and coding which I do for 80% of the time and gaming for about 20%, average usage being atleast 6-8 hrs everyday. So it will be nice if I get a wireless desktop where I can just lay back on my bed and relax while using the PC :hap2: Only downside for the MK250 is that it lacks dedicated media buttons, I think they're built into the function keys.

Budget is under 1k if I'm getting only a wired mouse but for a wireless desktop around 1.5k

Thanks!! :)

get the wired one for heavy usage as my experience with my ex110 was not gr8 as battery life sucks. but dunno how the new mk250 fares. any one using mk250 pls post your views pls.

cravikum said:
get the wired one for heavy usage as my experience with my ex110 was not gr8 as battery life sucks. but dunno how the new mk250 fares. any one using mk250 pls post your views pls.

Ok how much of an average battery life you used to get on that?

I can still consider using MK250 with rechargeable batteries, as I already have a charger and 2 aa batteries, but will have to buy aaa batteries. Or else I'm better of with a VFM wired mouse like Gigabyte M6800, which would be very comfortable to use I think. :S

Bump. Guys anymore opinion on this please share. Planning to buy soon. Not able to find Gigabyte M6800 or M6880 in ebay and had PM'ed our TE dealers too but none of them replied. So I'm thinking of going for MK250 now. :huh:

Guys any help at all? Please if someone has any idea about Logitech MK250 :(

Latency for gaming, battery life, connection reliability etc ?

Hey, I know it's a old thread but I am using MK 250, its performance is great, battery life is decent,u can get Duracell Alkaline 2xAA & 2xAAA for Rs.40 each set. Mouse requires 1xAA & Keyboard 2xAAA. I had to change my AA after 2 months of Usage. no change in Keyboard cell yet. So pretty much you'll need to spend Rs.20 every 2 months for AA & maybe Rs.40 for every 4 Months for AAA (6x20 + 3x40=Rs.240/year); not big deal, rechargeable cell's gonna cost you more as you have to keep standby Cell's when your charging so that your usage is not interrupted.

Back