PC Peripherals Logitech RX1000 Laser Mouse - Tracking issues

I have a RX1000 Logitech Laser mouse. Though it is advertised to track on any surface except glass, I find that the tracking is rubbish in most of the surfaces. I keep moving, dragging and circling my mouse only to see that the pointer moves only a few pixels in screen even with the pointer set to max speed.

The mouse itself does not seem to have an issue as the tracking is good if I use a Readers Digest book as my mousepad (Dont know why it likes readers digest, but it works good only with that and the book cover wears out every few days and I have to change a new one). I have tried a hard-plastic mouse pad, the normal wood base of mmy computer table and many other things. But it simply refuses to work properly with anything else.

I have installed the logitec setpoint, but still no use. I was expecting a Laser mouse to function smoothly, but it is wroking like crap compared to even a cheapo optical mouse (which tracks decently on any surface that I have tried my laser mouse with).
People with laser mouses, Please provide your suggestions. Everytime I use that mouse i get frustrated and feel like throwing it on the wall and breaking it. :mad::mad:

Back