#Logut Campaign by Restaurant Owners

bigbyte

Skilled
Over 1,200 restaurants from major Indian cities had de-listed from dine-in programmes offered to customers as hoteliers had to bear the brunt of the discounts.

https://www.thenewsminute.com/artic...osing-log-food-apps-zomato-and-dineout-107407

Many of these restaurants were unknown and got visibility only after apps like Zomato/Dineout promoted them. Older and well established restaurants mostly didn't participate in promotions offered by these apps.
I feel that prices in these restaurants offering discount is also jacked up.
What are your views?

Haha... first you went ahead with these companies for new and more business. Then when the margins started to get to you, you back off. This is why you have unions and regulation bodies to check in the first place. Wonder where they were at the start. Good luck to them but dont see this working in the long run. Everyone has become dependent on food apps, users and business too.

Haha... first you went ahead with these companies for new and more business. Then when the margins started to get to you, you back off. This is why you have unions and regulation bodies to check in the first place. Wonder where they were at the start. Good luck to them but dont see this working in the long run. Everyone has become dependent on food apps, users and business too.
Users will use it as long as they get discounts. See what happened to Paytm mall. Cash discount mod did not work for them, and they stopped it, now customers have abandoned them

It's not only discounts, these app give a Restaurant visibility. How many of us have time to spot a newly restaurant and try it unless there is some offer going on? I'd rather go to my trusted place.

And as I said earlier, many of these have artificially jacked up prices. Zomato Gold Offered just one free dish, it is useful when 2-4 persons are going to dine. It hardly mattered for larger groups.

Have used zomato gold so many times now and has been worth it. The issue is govt. now stopped input gst credit which has now resulted in 12-18% more cost in some area for the restaurents. Instead of asking govt they thought lets target aggregators to get back to same level. Logout without giving notice of 45 days is illegal but the association just wanted publicity and hence did it. They should know its their sales only which will reduce. Only very few will profit from this logout move.

Restaurant were misusing the GST input credit for their benefit. Except a very few established chains, no one passed the benefit of input credit to customers.
This was the reason Jaitley gave while withdrawing the input credit and reducing GST to 5% from 18%.

Personally, I'll never ever visit a restaurant again if it cuts corner on a discounted meal. No one is forcing a promotion to a restaurant, they are running it in order to attract more footfalls and more importantly new visitors.

Its mostly big chains that are facing the heat cause of competition. If its so bad, where are new restaurants opening around everywhere every day?

Discounts have decreased too btw.

Doesn't help that the Zomato CEO (or whatever he is) called Gold users "bargain hunters" on Twitter and put the onus on them.

The NRAI President (owns Beer Cafe etc.) launched their own "Gold" program in Aug and started the shitshow against Zomato post that. No coincidence.

Last edited:
Zomato is biggest fraud. They have still not refunded my rejected order placed on 14th August using debit card details costing around 500 bucks. And I’m not able to contact them as they have no direct customer care support option. Even chat based support is disabled and hard to solve to reach an executive. I have tried all possible methods. Can anyone help me? This all started after Zomato started stealing customers money and rewarding restaurants to drop log out campaign

Zomato is biggest fraud. They have still not refunded my rejected order placed on 14th August using debit card details costing around 500 bucks. And I’m not able to contact them as they have no direct customer care support option. Even chat based support is disabled and hard to solve to reach an executive. I have tried all possible methods. Can anyone help me? This all started after Zomato started stealing customers money and rewarding restaurants to drop log out campaign

tweet to @deepigoyal and zomato in same tweet. might get a response.

Back