Look ma- No wires :P

The Sorcerer

Skilled
Finally after endless (and ridiculous) arguments with the society- we managed to put Reliance Wi-max 600kbps connection. Mom didn't want the rj45 cable to be circulating the house, bro needed wifi for his mac as well as his phone (and mine) AND unfortunately no buffalo router (strange- but true) was available at lamington road. :(

ThereforeI settled for this:

DSC01829.jpg

And the wifi adapter for my pc:

DSC01830.jpg

hey thats the same router i had reviewed on TE :D .. awesome stuff.. that router is well worth the money Sorc. Excellent range when compared to buffalo :)

Congrats buddy... well but *Fingers Crossed* hope this doesnt give u probs... this router is looser from linksys compared to its winners WRT 54G/GL. This one has internal antennas and thz where the flaw is.... hell lot of (75-100%) WLAN signal drops on this router and no stability on the WLAN of this router.. Couple of frnds in US have this (including my sis) and they are fed up of it...also a couple of frnds here are fed up for the same reason. Hope u've got the golden piece w/o ne issues :)

Customer Reviews Of LINKSYS WRT54G2 IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g Wireless-G Broadband Router - Retail

Poor WRT54G/GL..dont know why was the stupid step of putting them to EOL was taken!

I run the same router, and have no signal drop issues at all. It's on 24/7, and forms the hub for networking my 4 home machines and a laptop. There are some issues with machines seeing each other and logging on to the network first shot, but that's more due to the network setup than the router.

Once connected, it's rock-solid. I've transferred files worth 20GB in one shot. It takes a hell of a long time, but it transfers fine.

Well, the wg111 adapter, the mac book, my p320 and my brother's e71 connected properly and . I scanned my friend's psp on ground floor and terrace. On ground floor I got 95% strength and on terrace its giving me 57%. This is happening on channel 1 and channel 6. On channel 11 its way weaker when it comes to outside the house but couple of people using a linksys and dlink in this building. Not planning to use it outside the house so I kept it under channel 11. Its doing good so far. Its gets warm but not hot. Kinda like netgear dg834g v3 in our office.

Can you tell me what kind of real transfer speeds you're getting? A quick check would be to transfer a (large) file and check the network bandwidth utilisation percentage in Task manager.

Thanks.

Yeah well its kinda be difficult since I hit a bump in the road again with the society.

Sangram, will take some time but I will send to the screenshot :)

congrats on your purchase! :D

im heading out today and will be getting one of those netgear wifi adapters.

btw can you please confirm if this linksys router can be used as a repeater?

Back