Monitors Looking for a 4:3 monitor

multifaced

Disciple
hi all..

i am looking for a LCD monitor. main use with design softwares.. so more screen height is appreciated (no multimedia/gaming intended). i used to use 4:3 monitors, and recently bought another one with 16:9 aspect ratio. it was a disastrous decision.

A 17" 4:3 monitor gives a height of 10.2" approx. for same height in 16:9, it requires a 21 ".

so now i am looking for couple of monitors with 4:3 aspect ratio (1280 * 1024).
17" or 19". could you please help me to find some.. also some some online stores from where i can buy. i am located in Pune, and i visited some stores. all are having wide screens..

Cheaper solution, as cheap LCDs with 4:3 resolution are heard to find,

buy a mounting kit, mount ur LCD vertically and rotate the display resolution in display properties.

geek ashish said:
Cheaper solution, as cheap LCDs with 4:3 resolution are heard to find,

buy a mounting kit, mount ur LCD vertically and rotate the display resolution in display properties.

i will have to cut off some of lcd, to make it 4:3.. ;)

anyway i m open to solve my problem, if i dont get 17-19" 3:4, with 21-22" widescreens. i just had a try here thats it.

i've been in the graphics industry for long time, and someone asking for a non-widescreen monitor seems funny to me. even photoshop, flash, are better optimised when in widescreen. their interfaces now stick to the sides instead of being able to move freely if you have noticed. so that portion of screen is a waste imo, since they dont cover the full height of the screen.

best option for you would be to get used to a widescreen monitor. nobody works in 1024 resolution now i think. graphics professionals should be working in 1680x1080 res minimum.

6pack said:
i've been in the graphics industry for long time, and someone asking for a non-widescreen monitor seems funny to me. even photoshop, flash, are better optimised when in widescreen. their interfaces now stick to the sides instead of being able to move freely if you have noticed. so that portion of screen is a waste imo, since they dont cover the full height of the screen.

best option for you would be to get used to a widescreen monitor. nobody works in 1024 resolution now i think. graphics professionals should be working in 1680x1080 res minimum.

dude.. its funny for you because you dont know about other domains..

i dont feel funny if someone works in widescreen, because i can imagine that in their domain they may be needing widescreen.. me too a professional with 10+ yrs experience, in CAD domain. still in CAD industry 1280*1024 is standard, recommended and sufficient.

multifaced said:
hi all..

i am looking for a LCD monitor. main use with design softwares.. so more screen height is appreciated (no multimedia/gaming intended). i used to use 4:3 monitors, and recently bought another one with 16:9 aspect ratio. it was a disastrous decision.

A 17" 4:3 monitor gives a height of 10.2" approx. for same height in 16:9, it requires a 21 ".

so now i am looking for couple of monitors with 4:3 aspect ratio (1280 * 1024).
17" or 19". could you please help me to find some.. also some some online stores from where i can buy. i am located in Pune, and i visited some stores. all are having wide screens..

check this out
http://www.deltapage.com/

ACER 17" - V173 Square for RS.6550

Back