vantheman5211

Creator of fu*ktron
Skilled
1. Budget. For the 40 inch = 35 max

2. Viewing distance.
6 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. -
Only the HD DTH would be connected

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.
LED

5. Preference for brands.
Sony and Samsung preferred

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?
God Yes

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.
Mostly dark

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.

No

Guys in a nutshell, it should have great picture quality as it would only be used for watching HD channels. Not much gaming done nor do i require any features much. In built wifi for dnla capabilities would be great bonus but not really required.

If your budget is 35k, I'm doubtful you will get a decent LED. My suggestion since your lighting conditions are going to be mostly dark is going to be a Plasma. I have a Samsung E490 myself and its just beautiful. But like I said the light conditions matter. The current generation of that model is F4900 and you get it at 43K. Its 43 inch too. But if you are hell bend on an LED you can get a lot of Samsung 32 inch models at your price bracket.

Try them both out in a showroom, take a look at these models and make your decision.

@RD274 @Gannu

Opinions needed mateys. Will be going tomorrow morning to fetch one.

The following are the prices I have been quoted through an importer.

40EH5000 - 32K
40EH6000 - 34K
40F5000 - 37K

Can a few Mumbai guys let me know where is the best place to buy grey market led's?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you've finally got the display! So congrats! :)

The F series is the 2013 model. Samsung has a peculiar naming strategy for the displays. It started with the A series in 2008, followed by B in 2009 and so forth. I got my 40 incher C series in 2010. Some retailers are trying hard to offload the older E series to the unwary customers to make way for the newer stocks. So just a headsup!

Yeah saw the f series as well and it was a question as to whether it was worth another 5 k.

Since the tv will only be used to watch regular cable and a few HD channels, I just took the cheapest FHD available. Another reason to take the EH5000 was i had seen good reports of its reliability in the forum.

Hi friend, as you said am here on your thread. But no clue as to where you bought it from or any contact details. If you do not mind can you please pm me the details. Am also in Mumbai and was looking for the same. You bought from an importer or through e-bay ?.
Some other thought would also help as to why you chose samsung over sony ?.
Sorry asking a lot of questions, been trying to find these "grey" or imported or cheap leds that we get in delhi and banglore here in mumbai but to no avail. I do not know where the grey market is :(.
Thanks a lot.

I can understand your problem mate.

I can pm you the details of the contact from whom i got this led.
The reason i went for the EH5000 was reliability. This is probably the most sold model in the grey market over here and it is a bit of tried and tested type.

Grey markets in Mumbai can mostly be found in Irla, Lamington road and Heera panna[ Tardeo]

I can understand your problem mate.

The reason i went for the EH5000 was reliability. This is probably the most sold model in the grey market over here and it is a bit of tried and tested type.

Grey markets in Mumbai can mostly be found in Irla, Lamington road and Heera panna[ Tardeo]

Hi Good morning,
Yes please pm me the details, would be great help.[DOUBLEPOST=1373037026][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hi buddy, am still waiting for you pm.

Back