PC Peripherals Looking for a full size wireless mouse that will not develop a click issue!

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
I previously has a Logitech M235 that developed the annoying double click issue, and the rubber on the sides of it went bad. So I replaced it with the Asus MW203, which had much better ergonomics, three levels of sensitivity, and additional non-customizable thumb buttons, and I was happy with it until a couple of weeks ago. It's just over two years old, but it has started giving issues with recognizing the left click, and the scroll sometimes behaves erratically. I have opened it up and cleaned the contacts inside three times, but it does not improve the situation in any way.

Is there a good wireless (wifi and not just bluetooth) mouse that will not develop a clicking issue at least for 4 to 5 years? I want it to be full sized so that my entire palm can be rested on it. Additional buttons are a bonus, especially if they are customizable, but not mandatory. I do not want flashy RGB stuff. I can spare around 3K for it, if it is really worth that much. Please suggest.

I have a Razer mouse (wired) and just under a year no issues... cant speak about long term 4-5 years I guess we have to resign ourselves to keep replacing every couple of years...

I have been using Logitech G703 wireless for quite a while (I think 3 years). Broadly it works fine. Scroll wheel acts weird sometimes but scrolling up and down quickly for 5-6 times fixes it. Not sure about its availability in India though.

I previously has a Logitech M235 that developed the annoying double click issue, and the rubber on the sides of it went bad. So I replaced it with the Asus MW203, which had much better ergonomics, three levels of sensitivity, and additional non-customizable thumb buttons, and I was happy with it until a couple of weeks ago. It's just over two years old, but it has started giving issues with recognizing the left click, and the scroll sometimes behaves erratically. I have opened it up and cleaned the contacts inside three times, but it does not improve the situation in any way.

Is there a good wireless (wifi and not just bluetooth) mouse that will not develop a clicking issue at least for 4 to 5 years? I want it to be full sized so that my entire palm can be rested on it. Additional buttons are a bonus, especially if they are customizable, but not mandatory. I do not want flashy RGB stuff. I can spare around 3K for it, if it is really worth that much. Please suggest.
let the monsoon season pass out or keep your mouse on some STB BOX etc. (when mouse is not in use but the box is in use), box heat will 90% time solve click issue. I did with mine M235 and now since 2018 using same mouse, but yes some time (not for long lasting) double click issue do occurs.

Some local user ask me to keep mouse in cotton cloth and than in uncooked rice :D. weird, but he solved his issue by this, I think in monsoon time moisture is culprit, don't know will work for you or ...

cant speak about long term 4-5 years I guess we have to resign ourselves to keep replacing every couple of years...
Going by the general experience of others, it seems that way!

I have been using Logitech G703 wireless for quite a while (I think 3 years). Broadly it works fine. Scroll wheel acts weird sometimes but scrolling up and down quickly for 5-6 times fixes it. Not sure about its availability in India though.
Seems to be available only through importers, and at a premium pricing. At a 5K+ price range, Logitech Master MX 2S or 3S seem to have good reviews. Any idea about these?

I think in monsoon time moisture is culprit, don't know will work for you or ...
I stay in a relatively dry area, so humidity might not be the issue here.

I have been using a Logitech MX Master 2S with my work Laptop since 2021 and it's still not developed double-clicking issues (knock on wood!). Closing in on 3 years now.

Recently changed my gaming rig's mouse from a SteelSeries Rival 700 (wired) after 6+ years of use to a Razer Basilisk Hyper V3 Hyperspeed (wireless). Been using it for a month only so everything is fine and dandy.

At a 5K+ price range, Logitech Master MX 2S or 3S seem to have good reviews. Any idea about these?
I do not have personal experience with these but reviews are very positive with 2S/3S. You can't go wrong with those.

G703 costs about HK$600 here as well which is roughly 6.4K. But I had got a deal on 1-day old open box for about HK$300 or 330.

99% of time double clicking issue is due to dirt getting inside the mouse. The remaining 1% is due to wear and tear (or faulty switch). There is no escaping from dirt and even using air spray only works for a while until the problem comes back.

I have a Razer mouse (wired) and just under a year no issues... cant speak about long term 4-5 years I guess we have to resign ourselves to keep replacing every couple of years...
My basilisk V3 started wearing in just a few months (I'm partially blamed as I hold a rather tight grip), the "free falling" scroll wheel is now a regular scroll wheel and the buttons just below the wheels don't work half the time. I'm sure dirt is to blame of 2/3 of the issues I have but I have noticed Razer products going down in quality.
My previous mouse was Logitech g402 and even though it started developing double click issues (after 4 years+) It was far superior in quality than this Razer mouse.

Feels bad to say this but If aren't looking for top of the line gaming mouse you should just get one that you can replace every few years.

If you can extend your budget a bit I'd recommend the keychron m6 https://neomacro.in/products/keychron-m6
While it doesn't have optical switches, the huanos used in it are very reliable switches.

Unfortunately since you want a mouse that fills your hand and budget restraints the newer razer mice or gpx2 is not an option :(, they use optical switches so the chance of them getting double click issue is slim to none

Also you can buy switches online for like 100rs and get them replaced from a local mobile repair shop or something if you are willing to do so for your current mouse.

Been using the Logitech Master 3 for a ~3y now. No issues with buttons or tracking. Multi device connectivity and battery life are still both rock solid!
Having said that, the external rubber texture has finally started to show signs of aging after being (ab)used for 10+ hours / day on an average. Nothing a texture based decal won't fix.

Back