Looking for a Fully Automatic Washing Machine

mzsa1994

Disciple
I am looking for a fully automatic washing machine.

For a family of 5
Water tank is 10ft above
Budget is 15-20k max
(So I guess 8kg top loading will fit in my budget)

Looking for something durable, provide good wash quality and if it needs maintenance in future parts should be readily available.

I am looking for a fully automatic washing machine.

For a family of 5
Water tank is 10ft above
Budget is 15-20k max
(So I guess 8kg top loading will fit in my budget)

Looking for something durable, provide good wash quality and if it needs maintenance in future parts should be readily available.

8kg might have a year or so ago.

Now look at the 9kg category

Take a measuring tape with you and see if you can find that model in the shops.

Measure the drum width & diameter. Compare with the 8kg models. I think you will find them smaller and less featured.

That's an 8kg variant with jet spray. Find that model and compare drum size with the 9kg

For good wash quality. Or let's say better since we're talking top loaders. Larger the drum size the better. Also this model has a feature called jet spray because clothes don't circulate so easily from bottom to top so the clothes at the top usually don't get cleaned much without the jet spray.

Those are the two features you want in a top loader. Bigger drum with a water jet at the top.

I would be flexible with budget and try to meet requirements instead.

What is your current machine with model number?

Last edited:
We are currently using a whirlpool 8kg semi automatic
Any top loader will be an improvement over a semi just in terms of labour
Cannot extend budget beyond what I have laid.
Are you in a position to measure drum dimensions in the shops?
I was looking at a whirlpool 8kg top loading with heater.
Does heater matter?
A heater in these top loaders is more of a gimmick. Panasonic are the only machines that try to do warm wash. It will double the time of the wash and only applies to reduced loads.

In a front loader where its used properly the difference is better stain removal and cleaner clothes.

If you have access to a solar water heater you will get better wash quality especially with a top loader

Any top loader will be an improvement over a semi just in terms of labour
Yes we want to save our time and energy.

Are you in a position to measure drum dimensions in the shops?
Yes I can but I am not sure if they will allow that.

A heater in these top loaders is more of a gimmick
Oh ok!

Flipkart is providing 1.5-4k discount on axis bank credit card(i might be able to arrange that)
So I might be able to shell max 20-22K out of my pocket + card discount.

Yes I can but I am not sure if they will allow that.
Bring your own tape with you. Nothing for them to stop. If you cannot compare you cannot buy.
Flipkart is providing 1.5-4k discount on axis bank credit card(i might be able to arrange that)
So I might be able to shell max 20-22K out of my pocket + card discount.
Then go compare those two lg models. You may get better discounts in the shops than online and for s first time buyer it helps to see size with your own eyes

https://www.amazon.in/LG-Inverter-TurboDrum-Automatic-T80AJMB1Z/dp/B0CD3XQF19/
That's an 8kg variant with jet spray. Find that model and compare drum size with the 9kg

I just watched a few videos of the jet spray model and it looks like a gimmick.

Actual working of this machine looks like absolute joke literally no clothes circulation at all !!

I am not sure if it can even clean lightly soiled clothes considering the pathetic wash movement of the machine.

What do you think about this samsung machine?

Last edited:
I just watched a few videos of the jet spray model and it looks like a gimmick.
You should see what wash quality is without it
Actual working of this machine looks like absolute joke literally no clothes circulation at all !!

I am not sure if it can even clean lightly soiled clothes considering the pathetic wash movement of the machine.
Its overloaded most likely

What do you think about this samsung machine?
Better than any top loader you can get.

Have you seen it in a store?

Only doubt is whether it will work with your tank just ten feet above. How to confirm that?

@dafreaking @lockhrt999 both have similar models. How do find the performance?

Don't know if these two will reply in time as they go missing for weeks at a time and no way to tell when they last viewed anything here. Most irritating how they hide that in their profile

Last edited:
Yup I have the same doubt.

No, I do have a samsung outlet in my city will check it out tomorrow.

^Ten yr post of mine

Sammy front loaders is 0.5 bar or 50kPa lowest pressure requirement and that works out to 5m or 16.5 feet minimum head.

My LG machine is 0.3 bar but I've never seen recent LG's list anything less than 1 bar in their specs. Still some say it works with a tank above.

YMMV

Last edited:

^Ten yr post of mine

Sammy front loaders is 0.5 bar or 50kPa lowest pressure requirement and that works out to 16.5 feet minimum head.

YMMV
Thanks for the info mate, I just measured the height and tank bottom is at 11 ft.

Look if there is a problem you can always get a pump. They are quite small and affordable these days.

@6pack can you advise on your experience with such a pump
Thanks for the info, will check with samsung tomorrow.

I hope it work without any workarounds.
When tank is 100-50% full I am assuming 1.5-3ft of water head beyond 11ft.

@dafreaking @lockhrt999 both have similar models. How do find the performance?

Don't know if these two will reply in time as they go missing for weeks at a time and no way to tell when they last viewed anything here. Most irritating how they hide that in their profile

I have no idea what you are talking about wrt going missing :rolleyes:

Samsung 7.0 kg Front Load Washing Machine with Hygiene Steam, WW70T4020EE is the machine I have for the past 18 months or so. Been working fine. This thread is a good reminder that I need to a baking soda and vinegar clean soon.

Some random background info incase it's helpful. We are on the first floor and the water tank is on the 5th floor. Last month we realized that there is a pressure pump installed so I can't comment on things like water pressure etc. The machine is operated mainly by our house help.

also measure door frame width - all the doors thru which you need to take that machine beofre it can be installed. Some machines are wider and in that case you will be literally stuck.

Back