Less than 10K Looking for a mobile under 5k

Bullet_1

Recruit
So , we have labourers living in one of our rented rooms , and recently one of them approached me to get them a mobile phone. Well not for them , more specifically for their kid back in their home town , since she'll probably be attending college. Problem is the budget , he wants something under or at most 5k. Which I tried explaining to him is not feasible but he's still hopeful of me getting him one in that price range. I tried , looking at local ads from olx and mostly all are bullshit. Checked TE and it's kinda dry here in that price range. Also checked Amazon and Flipkart and there is this one recurring brands like "itel" "ikall" , and the phones look super mediocre and they don't even have a record. I don't want to buy him something, which would just give up after like a month or so. So what should I be doing here ? Any help or any sites you know where I can get phones for cheap is appreciated.

So , we have labourers living in one of our rented rooms , and recently one of them approached me to get them a mobile phone. Well not for them , more specifically for their kid back in their home town , since she'll probably be attending college. Problem is the budget , he wants something under or at most 5k. Which I tried explaining to him is not feasible but he's still hopeful of me getting him one in that price range. I tried , looking at local ads from olx and mostly all are bullshit. Checked TE and it's kinda dry here in that price range. Also checked Amazon and Flipkart and there is this one recurring brands like "itel" "ikall" , and the phones look super mediocre and they don't even have a record. I don't want to buy him something, which would just give up after like a month or so. So what should I be doing here ? Any help or any sites you know where I can get phones for cheap is appreciated.
Jio Phone Next is not great from what I heard, but should fit the budget?
Check if Jiophone 2 is still available - that's a QWERTY KaiOS phone. KaiOS has whatsapp and basic browsing etc from what I know.

You didn't mention 'smartphone', but I assume the reason you ask is you don't want to give them a Nokia dumbphone? That should be available for 1-2k, right.

At this budget I suggest you get a second hand or pre-owned one. A phone that might cost 10k new maybe available for 5k after say 1-2 years of use. Try to get something like a note 5 pro and above. A reliable site to get 2nd hand devices is cashify.

Any update on the device you purchased? @Bullet_1
If still looking for a device, have a look at Moto E 13. You might have to slightly increase the budget upto 8K but then you are getting a decent offering given the competition.

A review of the same device.

@Bullet_1 which city are you located?
Goa

Any update on the device you purchased? @Bullet_1
If still looking for a device, have a look at Moto E 13. You might have to slightly increase the budget upto 8K but then you are getting a decent offering given the competition.

A review of the same device.
Haven't bought any device , still looking for one but you know what you really helped me some other , person has also asked to get them a smartphone under 8k and that moto e13 ticks all of the boxes

At this budget I suggest you get a second hand or pre-owned one. A phone that might cost 10k new maybe available for 5k after say 1-2 years of use. Try to get something like a note 5 pro and above. A reliable site to get 2nd hand devices is cashify.
Yea looking for a pre owned device , i tried cashify phones still Outta budget

Jio Phone Next is not great from what I heard, but should fit the budget?
Check if Jiophone 2 is still available - that's a QWERTY KaiOS phone. KaiOS has whatsapp and basic browsing etc from what I know.

You didn't mention 'smartphone', but I assume the reason you ask is you don't want to give them a Nokia dumbphone? That should be available for 1-2k, right.
They want a smartphone, sir. My bad for net mentioning

Back