Budget 31-40k Looking for a new Laptop

krish_88

Disciple
  • What's your Budget? (e.g. >30K, not more than 50K etc.) 30k-42k
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming) : Web Surfing/Office apps/HD Movies as well as some casual gaming.
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between) 15.6 with Full HD screen.
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell) NA
  • Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.) : Decent battery life.
Other expectations : Preferrably 8 GB RAM with a SSD

I was looking at this https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08T6THSMQ but there have been reviews which state the application freezes & white spots have been noted in the display of the laptop.

Any other suggestions. Pls recommend.

Last edited:
I recently bought Lenovo 81UT00NMIN from Croma for 32290 with Win 10 and MSO 2019. Ryzen 3 3200U, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD.

I think it ticks all the boxes.

Both links. unavailable.

Attachments

• Tatacliq.JPG
    Tatacliq.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 105
  • HP Laptop 1.JPG
    HP Laptop 1.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 97
I went ahead and bought the Acer Aspire 3 (i3/ 4gigs/ 1TBB / 15.6 ) at 33k.
Just needed this on urgent basis for online classes for sister. Hopefully this should do it.

I went ahead and bought the Acer Aspire 3 (i3/ 4gigs/ 1TBB / 15.6 ) at 33k.
Just needed this on urgent basis for online classes for sister. Hopefully this should do it.
I feel like you should've gone for 8GB ram. HDD or SSD is fine for 8GB ram is a must at 33k.
Did you try offline?

I feel like you should've gone for 8GB ram. HDD or SSD is fine for 8GB ram is a must at 33k.
Did you try offline?
Yes i did try offline stores you know everything is extra then online price. Good part is upgradable RAM , planning to do it in next month at 2.5k extra.

Other default which comes at 8gigs ram were Out of stock , Gave up and ordered finally as it was emergency .

Did you try offline?
Actually, from an overall experience perspective, SSD provides a huge jump over HDDs. It's not only the much faster boot up, but everything runs more smoothly. Every time you open an application, it loads almost instantly, copying files is much faster, and in general there's a lot less perceptible lag.

If someone is buying a laptop these days, they should absolutely not get one with HDD as the primary storage.

Actually, from an overall experience perspective, SSD provides a huge jump over HDDs. It's not only the much faster boot up, but everything runs more smoothly. Every time you open an application, it loads almost instantly, copying files is much faster, and in general there's a lot less perceptible lag.

If someone is buying a laptop these days, they should absolutely not get one with HDD as the primary storage.
I said 8GB ram is minimum because SSD can be updated in almost all laptops from HDD and is rather cheap. If someone is really tight at budgte, even a 128GB ssd will make a noticeable difference (buit alwasy go for 256gb+). With Ram, it is all over the place with some laptops having no uprade paths, some using 2 x 2gb even in 2021 and others using 1 x 4gb. A new hdd only for basic online classes and browsing will be fine but with only 4GB ram, you are really casuing problems because windows idling will take around 3GB. Apps like MS Teams chogg memory like crazy. MS teams and a couple of tabs on chrome will result in 100% ram utilization.

Back