Windows Looking for a software which tells which movie is on which OTT plaftform

vaibhavyagnik

youtube.com/vaibhavyagnik
Adept
Over the years I have gathered a large number of movies and they are taking up space on my NAS. I would like a software which scans the movies on my NAS, tells me if it is available on any OTT platform. If the movies is present on the OTT platform, I will delete the movies and free up space on my NAS

I don't have a solution you want but I use a mobile app called "Just watch" to search for any new (or old) thing I want to watch and see where it is available.

For example, I wanted to watch Lord of the Rings so I went in app and searched for it (first movie) and as you can see below it is available on Netflix and Prime for me to watch.

IMG_1132.png

This is all manual activity and used only on need basis. Also it works with tv shows.

But I would like to highlight something here. You are saying you will delete the movie from NAS if it is available on OTT but movies and shows keep coming and going on OTT. So some movie you see on Netflix today, there is no guarantee that it will be available next month. All depends on how they have struck deals with the movie houses.

Yeah the licensing process will make it difficult to keep track of such database. There are plenty of movies from 70s, 80s and before because the studios don't exist anymore so rights are in a limbo.

I don't have a solution you want but I use a mobile app called "Just watch" to search for any new (or old) thing I want to watch and see where it is available.

For example, I wanted to watch Lord of the Rings so I went in app and searched for it (first movie) and as you can see below it is available on Netflix and Prime for me to watch.

View attachment 89433

This is all manual activity and used only on need basis. Also it works with tv shows.

But I would like to highlight something here. You are saying you will delete the movie from NAS if it is available on OTT but movies and shows keep coming and going on OTT. So some movie you see on Netflix today, there is no guarantee that it will be available next month. All depends on how they have struck deals with the movie houses.
This is useful thanks!

View attachment 89433

This seems a pretty good app
Just downloaded and searched for 12 monkeys ans it correctly showed that season 1 isnt available anywhere which is exactly the case.
Thanks bud

Back