Budget 25-30k Looking for an Android with great camera

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 25k-30k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Nothing too large. Under 6" is fine. AMOLED preferred. Even 1080p resolution is fine. Not very particular about refresh rates either.

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android 11 OOTB preferred.

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G for sure

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera is a priority this time. Otherwise, I'm not a power user. I use the mobile for calls, checking mails and whatsapp. Play clash royale.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual sim

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Online.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup. Internal storage should be >128GB if it does not offer expandable storage.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Pixel 4a?

I'm coming from a Oneplus 6, that has been my daily driver for nearly 3 years now. The 64GB storage is almost full in this device now. I have also started experiencing occasional hangs. I am seeing if it is possible to exchange this device with something that comes with a good camera.

The Pixel 4A has an amazing camera, and I can get it for around 20k after exchanging the OP6. Is it too much of a downgrade when compared to the OP6?
Any other suggestions?

Other than Pixels there are no other phones worth considering in that budget segment and even higher for camera. 4a is good choice, but its hardware is indeed weak. Either a Pixel or an iPhone 11 or above. Once you use a Pixel camera you are not going to like anything else, just that convenient and just that good.

You could have looked into the US sales, Pixel 3 was being sold really cheap, however that device does have longevity issues. If you want to purchase from within India then 4a is the only option you have really.

Thank you for your replies guys. I've put the purchase on hold for now. Pixel Experience ROM installed over the weekend has given some life to the OP6. I will continue to use this for few more months until I run into further problems.

A: Need good battery backup. Internal storage should be >128GB if it does not offer expandable storage
Only way you get good battery is with bigger phones. Bigger phones are not flagships.
Nothing too large
So battery won't be as good
Camera is a priority this time
How about this.

Good battery and there's options with camera.

There is just one snag. sd slot and second sim are shared so either dual sim and no sd or single sim and sd. Why ?? on phone of this size..

The previous A71 did not have this issue (!)

Showstopper?

Last edited:
Back