Monitors Looking for CRT Monitor

no one makes CRT since year 2008 rather than small companies who source used CRT parts and sells on the maket under local brands.You can get CRT quality LCDs with good prices in India.

Is there any special purpose with the CRT or something else !

Well LCD's have lots of cons like , small viewing angle, lag, backlight bleeding etc. In CRT weight is the only con. My cousing bought a DELL lcd recently, it looks good only when viewed straight, five people cant watch a movie i that simultaneously. Also CRT has the best VFM in my opinion.

shanmumanoj said:
Well LCD's have lots of cons like , small viewing angle, lag, backlight bleeding etc. In CRT weight is the only con. My cousing bought a DELL lcd recently, it looks good only when viewed straight, five people cant watch a movie i that simultaneously. Also CRT has the best VFM in my opinion.

Yes, that would be the bottom-line.

But take a look at this: LCD vs CRT

it looks good only when viewed straight, five people cant watch a movie i that simultaneously

There's the VESA wall-mount option, for LCD monitors. Also makes for a cinematic experience!

Moreover, you have plenty of options to choose from.

Let me make this very simple

Can i get "ONE LCD" with good vertical viewing angles, contrast ratio and colour for movies experience and also almost zero lag for gaming . I will be happy if i can get all this for 20K. As for as i know something like this is still not available.

shanmumanoj said:
Are there any good CRT monitors available in the market now. I heard Samsung is no longer selling CRT monitors is it true :huh:
Dude u r right, Samsung have stopped making CRT's. My sister bought a Samsung CRT in 2008 and unfortunately it conked off. Samsung's service being excellent gave complete money back of the original price mentioned in the bill.

Anyway, U can still get Viewsonic I think, but LCD's are pretty much ruling the market. I still use CRT's have three, 1 17"viewsonic Professional series can do some mad HD resolutions :S, A 19" Viewsonic and a 19" Benq bought in 2004 or 2005 I think.

All running fine. I use em for gaming, so ghosting issues and horrible viewing angles probs. No matter what LCd users say, LCD suck due to colour variations and viewing angles and some cheap crappy one due to ghosting shit.

HOWEVER, if you go for IPS panel LCD such as the Dell 2209WA, there are excellent!! I am an amateur phtographer so I cannot tolerate all this colour issue bull, so If I'm to buy an LCD, It will definitely be an IPS panel alone.

Dell UltraSharp 2209WA will be useless for fast paced games like Counter strike. Even i thought of buying it before , but further analysis of it and generally about LCD's just made be more and more skeptical.

Finally i thought the ideal setup is to have one CRT for gaming and a LCD TV for Movies, But now they are stopping CRT's products all together.

Well, the advantages of a LCD display simply outweigh the minor setbacks.

If you don't mind going in for a TN panel , you can get a response time of 2ms, which is quite adequate for games like CS.

most lcds with 2ms gtg (5ms typical) would be adequate for CS or even fifa.

surely lcd cant beat crt in terms of viewing angles and response time but do consider the advantages too.

if you are keep on buying CRT then look for 2nd hand parts dealers.. you can get hold of philips 21" CRTs for 2-2.4k range.

got one for a friend 6-8months ago. power consumption would be really bad...and again... a 21 incher LCD would give you more viewing space for 16:9 movies than 21 incher CRT.

currently you can not find CRTs from any well known brands.. cheap locals one would be the only option. (most retailers dont even sell any CRTs anymore)

Back