First time builder. I am using the suggested template:
  1. What is your budget?
    • Not sure. Maybe about 2 Lacs INR.
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Going in for a fresh build.
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Like I said in question 2...
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
    • Motherboard - Asus Rog Strix x470-F Gaming (because of the quality of components)
    • GPU - Zotac 1080 8GB Amp Extreme Edition (Quadro is unaffordable)
    • PSU - HX1000i
    • CPU Cooler- Noctua D-15 SE AM4
    • RAM- 32GB (16GB x 2) CAS 16 low profile DIMMS (not decided on the brand)
    • Boot Storage: M.2 NVME 500GB Samsung 960 or 970 Evo
    • SSD: 1TB Crucial
    • HDD: 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5.4K RPM
    • Cabinet: Two options. a. Fractal Design Define R6. or, b. Buy a cheaper case, salvage its parts like the front IO ports and connectors, air intake filters etc., and build my own wooden case (planning on using a combination of White Oak with PU finish, MDF with white lacquer and toughened glass) with with custom airflow design.
    • Fan config: 2 front intakes (140mm), one bottom intake (140mm), one back exhaust (140mm) and one top exhaust (140mm)- positive pressure build
    • Monitor: Will be buying the LG 27UK850 when it releases (4K, HDR, IPS, 4ms)
    • WLAN: have to decide on a a/b/g/n/ac card. Don't know which one.
    • Speakers: Logitech Z337 or Mackie CR3
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • At most, at a later date, I might add in 32 GB more RAM if I feel the need. I don't plan to waterloop.
    • Much later, maybe use RTX 2080 ti for it's ray tracing capabilities, I have to know how it performs after it releases, but after this build, I wouldn't have any money left for three/four more years for a major upgrade like that.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mostly online partners that are listed in the manufacturer websites, unless there is an advantage buying in a city store.
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Maybe only for CPU cooler, RAM, SSD or fans.
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Workstation for CAD use- 3D modelling and design documentation (AutoCAD, Revit, V-ray, Sketchup Pro, 3DS Max and maybe Lumion)
    • Some amount of music production (Ableton and similar)
    • Surely, some MS projects, MS office, and such.
    • Of course, a few games during weekends (but I can't play any of those fast moving games that can give motion sickness. Maybe, Assassin's creed or similar)
    • Surely, some HD down streaming will happen: Netflix or Prime Video.
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • I have heard people say Gigabyte mobos, sometimes have issues with standoff hole correlation. Surprising. So, I might generally avoid them. I do not know about the after sales service of various brands in Bangalore, India. Any input would be good.
  10. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Will try, but Ryzen, I've heard, does not have too much overclocking headroom. So, I might just opt for the Asus automatic overclock, and the precision boost. I know Ryzen overclocks on it's own depending on the cooling solution in the case.
  11. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Any input for betterment will be great. Thanks!

Back