Budget 90k+ Looking for help: Lightweight laptop for University

vsvkris

Recruit
Hi All
I am looking for help. I will be attending a post grad program where I will travel frequently. I am working as well, so most probably I need to carry two laptops- office one ( that is very restrictive on any apps installed) and this one I intend to buy. I am looking for a light weight laptop. Won't mind if I can get a 2 in 1 in a good price. Edit: My budget is between 90+-1.3. If I get good options at lower price, I will buy that as well.

• What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming)
    Majority of the times, I'll be typing, office productivity tools, some adobe photo shop stuff, statistics software tools. Lot of Zoom calls. I am not a gaming person. Given the travel, I will want longer battery life. I also want it to be future proof on the laptop.

• What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between)
    13-15 inches. Weight- 1.5 kg at maximum. Light weight is an important criteria. Yes good port options for docking to my Samsung Monitor, when at home.
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell)
    I am fine with any brand that has good support network in India and globally. Support where I can reach easily without having to do treasure hunt my way to contact a human who can talk to me. I am ruling out Surface just for this reason. Have had a very bad experience with MS.

• Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.)
    Long battery life, easy key board ( 2 in 1 is preferable but not hard point). I want to be future proof as I will use it personally post my studies
  • Some things I thought are important: i7 or Ryzen 7, 16GM RAM. Good graphics card.
  • Models I explored- XPS13, Spectre x360 etc. However I am open to good options from Acer, Asus etc. I need one where service isn't tough to get when needed.
  • I am looking for Windows. Hence Apple isn't in my list.
With the choice and jargon around, was finding it overwhelming. Hence posting here for any leads.
Thanks a lot in advance

Last edited:
LG gram laptops have good battery life and are thin and light. Not sure if they are available here.
Take a look at M1 Air if you are open to macs. Excellent battery life. Do check before hand if your required apps are compatible or not.

These are the lower power 15w CPUs so thermals should not be a problem but do look up online reviews too.

Back