Budget 0-20k Looking for monitor

uday0799

Disciple
Please suggest me good gaming monitor and as my gpu is gtx 970, I prefer 60hz monitor, should i go for 60hz or 144hz and also please suggest me some models

"Gaming monitors" per se are not as appealing as they sound. they use TN panels with low color accuracy, try IPS instead. i have an Acer IPS 27" 75hz monitor bought at 12k. IPS monitors generally have some form of backlight bleed in some shape or form. Mine has it. My friend with a Dell 22 inch 60hz also has a litttle bit. its hard to tell when we buy these online. in store experiences may give you a good idea. As for refresh rate, if you have already experienced higher rates like 144hz, moving back to 60 will make it unpleasant. If you are constrained on budget and dont mind the refresh rates, i would suggest a Dell SE2219HX.

1080p with 144hz is a sweet spot for gaming on your card.. and I agree mnanand.. IPS panels give you a pleasant viewing experience... I am myself using IPS panel monitor with 1080p and 144hz and I am satisfied.. (link below)

MSI G241

I've experienced 144hz monitor but I don't own it personally, so I vouch for higher refresh rate, once you go 144hz, you'll never go bacc! My current one is a Dell with 60hz IPS panel, the color accuracy and viewing angles are great! As mnanand said, you've to goto your local showroom and experience different kind of monitors yourself.

If you want a "Gaming monitor", you definitely aren't looking for a 60hz panel. 75hz should be bare minimum

Back