WTB Looking for router with repeater under 500/-

You have to be more specific, to use as wired repeater any router will do but to use as wireless repeater you need wds feature in the router & from what I know mostly it is only certain tplink routers with older hardware version that used to come with this feature in last 2 years.

WDS repeating also cuts the bandwidth in half for the devices connected to the repeater AP. So if you get 100Mbps on the main router expect at max 50Mbps on the repeater which is using WDS.

WDS repeating also cuts the bandwidth in half for the devices connected to the repeater AP. So if you get 100Mbps on the main router expect at max 50Mbps on the repeater which is using WDS.
You can get around this by using different band if available on router so if wds on router is using 5Ghz band then use 2.4GHz to connect to the extended wifi network.

You can get around this by using different band if available on router so if wds on router is using 5Ghz band then use 2.4GHz to connect to the extended wifi network.
Yes but then I'm limited to the speed of the band itself which obviously will be less than what 5Ghz will offer me even when WDS enabled if I have high speed internet.

Also in OP's budget I don't think any dual band router is available even if used.

I've this one...can give you for 600+shipping. You can get it directly if you're in Bangalore. Battery may not give much backup. You can keep it connected using any microUSB cable, for power. I've box and cable etc as well.

Back